PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU ACCEPTS ACC INVITE!!!

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: SMU ACCEPTS ACC INVITE!!!

Postby TexanMark » Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:49 pm

One idea I've had

Invite UConn in for all sports but Football. For FB they get a Notre Dame deal. If the ACC goes to 9 conference games then UConn gets 4 ACC opponents annually with h/h's.

Know those 5 ND and 4 UConn games count as league games standings wise for the full ACC members.
TexanMark
Recruit

Postby Dukie » Thu Oct 26, 2023 3:32 pm

TexanMark wrote:One idea I've had

Invite UConn in for all sports but Football. For FB they get a Notre Dame deal. If the ACC goes to 9 conference games then UConn gets 4 ACC opponents annually with h/h's.

Know those 5 ND and 4 UConn games count as league games standings wise for the full ACC members.

Gross. How about invite them for WBB only. :lol:
Dukie
Heisman

Postby bubba pony » Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:12 pm

[/quote]
. Then the ACC needs to focus on TX. The best move would be to have both teams located in DFW, so add TCU. Baylor and TTU also would help the ACC make at least the northern half off the TX very much an ACC area.
[/quote][/quote]

Never happen.
bubba pony
Heisman

Postby mrydel » Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:26 pm

peruna81 wrote:A&M and Arkansas currently do their thing at Jerry World, and both get their DFW/Texas exposure there.

A&M would probably be open to renewal, but my hope is Baylor will re-sign a series.

The Sand Aggies (Texas Tech) would also be an option
Arkansas and A&M series either ended this year or will next. I do not think they want to renew. Look at Arkansas this year. Even though they were the home team, they basically played 4 SEC West away games because of the Jerrydome deal. I would try to get them
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby fan » Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:01 pm

TexanMark wrote:One idea I've had

Hello TexanMark and thanks for coming onto our fan board!

Both of our schools have shared conferences with UConn. I'd be happy without them in our (ACC) conference. Their football is terrible and when they were in our conference they blamed all their basketball failure on other schools. We beat them like a drum most years in MBB. They should stay in the Big East and drop football in my opinion. Other PF posters might disagree.
fan
Varsity

Postby EastStang » Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:59 am

UConn's historic rivals are either in the Big East or ACC. St. John's, Seton Hall, Providence, Georgetown and Villanova have a long history with UConn. They have some history with Cuse, Pitt and BC. They see more opportunity in the BE.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Postby Dukie » Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:15 pm

EastStang wrote:UConn's historic rivals are either in the Big East or ACC. St. John's, Seton Hall, Providence, Georgetown and Villanova have a long history with UConn. They have some history with Cuse, Pitt and BC. They see more opportunity in the BE.

Huh? They see more opportunity in the BE than the AAC, sure. They would murder Villanova’s first-born to get into the ACC, though. (Which is why some ND-style football-alliance deal for them is even more ludicrous.)
Dukie
Heisman

Postby SMU Pony Mom » Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:30 pm

EastStang wrote:UConn's historic rivals are either in the Big East or ACC. St. John's, Seton Hall, Providence, Georgetown and Villanova have a long history with UConn. They have some history with Cuse, Pitt and BC. They see more opportunity in the BE.

As a UConn alum I can assure you there is a long and bitter history UConn has with both Syracuse and BC. I will never cheer for either of those schools - especially BC.
SMU Pony Mom
Heisman

Postby Charleston Pony » Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:42 pm

UConn is obviously a better fit in the BE and it didn't take them long to restore dignity to their hoops program once they re-joined that group. I think they would be wise to drop to FCS level football and try to align with Villanova. Nova has been very successful at the FCS level and I think UConn would probably be even better, especially if/when they 1st drop down to that level as they would still have a mostly FBS level talented roster
Charleston Pony

Previous

Return to Football