PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU ACCEPTS ACC INVITE!!!

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: SMU ACCEPTS ACC INVITE!!!

Postby soccermom » Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:26 am

Thanks masterbeater. I sent the PM to you.
soccermom
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Water Pony » Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:14 am

SmooBoy wrote:Mustang Band is fielding 30 freshman this fall, which is a BIG number and improvement. The idea is to get back to the 96 and a doll, with 96 wind players, plus the twirler, and a sizeable drum line - so the total approaching 120-125. New conference and increased donations to Diamond M Club can make this a reality.

give Give GIVE

Thanks for sharing. I just made a donation to the Diamond M Club. It would be terrific to grow the band back to its original size and more. This group is the Spirit Hub of SMU and a great ambassador for all of us.
Pony Up
Water Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SmooBoy » Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:33 am

Water Pony wrote:
SmooBoy wrote:Mustang Band is fielding 30 freshman this fall, which is a BIG number and improvement. The idea is to get back to the 96 and a doll, with 96 wind players, plus the twirler, and a sizeable drum line - so the total approaching 120-125. New conference and increased donations to Diamond M Club can make this a reality.

give Give GIVE

Thanks for sharing. I just made a donation to the Diamond M Club. It would be terrific to grow the band back to its original size and more. This group is the Spirit Hub of SMU and a great ambassador for all of us.

Thanks PP and WP for your donations. If just a solid core of alums would pitch into the Diamond M Club, the results of a bigger band that could travel many more places, recruit better musicians, and build/maintain excitement would grow as the team re-enters big time CFB.

https://www.diamondm.club/
SmooBoy

Postby birddogger » Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:46 pm

MB, I was a mere child when you were gracing the subterranean confines of the hall as an elder statesman and reveling in the wisdom of Dingman and Rohr. It seems impossible that you are still kicking, but I suppose it’s true that only the good die young.
birddogger
All-American

Postby redpony » Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:43 pm

IIRC Irving Driebrot (?sp) and 96 guys and a doll went to most games. They were classic and well known. Sad that the band dropped down to so few and and with some hope will regain their status as before.
redpony

Postby soccermom » Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:24 pm

I remember hearing that Peruna has stayed in at least one hotel.
soccermom
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Dukie » Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:37 pm

birddogger wrote:MB, I was a mere child when you were gracing the subterranean confines of the hall as an elder statesman and reveling in the wisdom of Dingman and Rohr. It seems impossible that you are still kicking, but I suppose it’s true that only the good die young.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Dukie
Heisman

Postby HarvCrimYaleBlue » Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:52 pm

HarvCrimYaleBlue
Heisman

Postby ShantyBoy » Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:20 pm

give Give GIVE

Now if they will start doing that awesome Mustang high step again, then we’ll be talking.
ShantyBoy
Junior Varsity

Postby ShantyBoy » Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:22 pm

HarvCrimYaleBlue wrote:Surprisingly fair article from Mac:

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article279596899.html

Summary for those of us that don’t subscribe to that rag?
ShantyBoy
Junior Varsity

Postby indianmustang » Fri Sep 22, 2023 7:23 am

Mustang from India
indianmustang

Postby ShantyBoy » Fri Sep 22, 2023 9:18 am

Thanks!!
ShantyBoy
Junior Varsity

Postby DiamondM75 » Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:57 am

ShantyBoy wrote:

give Give GIVE

Now if they will start doing that awesome Mustang high step again, then we’ll be talking.

I agree. There is no reason for not doing high step marching. The Prairie View A&M band was high stepping and it is just so impressive. Shows a great deal of energy and flash.
Just send 'da money.
DiamondM75
Hall of Famer

Postby Bergermeister » Fri Sep 22, 2023 2:28 pm

The 8 to 5 marching was great. There was a "slow roll" at certain intervals on the field entrance AND there was a white glove "hand flash" involved. I'm sure all of the elements had a name - MB terminology. Ohio State still has that classic style with lots of movement. An abundance of discipline. Guess through different directors that the marching got "lazy" - still sounds top-notch though! We need to up our numbers to not be considered a "gimmick" by our new conference mates.
Bergermeister

Postby malonish » Sat Sep 23, 2023 1:12 am

Bergermeister wrote: There was a "slow roll" at certain intervals

In the Chomp Chomp (? idk name exactly, me dummy trombone) cadence we did two 6/4 measures of 4 steps at:

1) triplet 2) triplet 3) quarter 4) quarter

Ya-ta-ta. ya-ta-ta. da. da.

My favorite intro to the field was 2010 Conf champ game we marched on to Beans / the stomping one for those who see it at the games.

I'm the one on the far left of the screen. Front row.
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Football