PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

TCU / Baylor Message Boards about SMU to ACC

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: TCU / Baylor Message Boards about SMU to ACC

Postby Sewanee Stang » Fri Sep 01, 2023 1:03 pm

The Big 12 could have added SMU, but TCU and Baylor blocked the move. They should look in the mirror and blame themselves.
Sewanee Stang
Varsity

Postby 1983 Cotton Bowl » Fri Sep 01, 2023 1:08 pm

Flipper wrote:Not entirely related, but those Houston Oilers tribute uniforms that UH will wear in week 1 are simply awesome!
https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2023/0 ... throwbacks

Wow, those are in fact quite awesome
1983 Cotton Bowl
Heisman

Postby Insane_Pony_Posse » Fri Sep 01, 2023 1:11 pm

Bergermeister wrote:Why would any of these folks be "mad"?

"Mad" may not be the right word, but they are certainly concerned that an SMU on the rise, in a much better conference, could become direct successful competition for the same TCU/Baylor recruits.
C-ya @ Milos!
Insane_Pony_Posse
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby indianmustang » Fri Sep 01, 2023 1:24 pm

Mustang from India
indianmustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Silk » Fri Sep 01, 2023 1:35 pm

I love the fact that I don't care what Froggy High and Baylor High fans say. We're in a better conference, with better road trips, we don't play either of them, etc.

I always hated having to care even a little about those programs. Now we don't even have to act like we give a damn about them.
Silk
Varsity

Postby Smumba2009 » Fri Sep 01, 2023 1:39 pm

Read the TCU board... if you need any motivation to dip into your bank account and support our team you'll find it there in abundance. That got my blood boiling.
Smumba2009
Varsity

Postby Charleston Pony » Fri Sep 01, 2023 1:39 pm

Silk wrote:I love the fact that I don't care what Froggy High and Baylor High fans say. We're in a better conference, with better road trips, we don't play either of them, etc.

I always hated having to care even a little about those programs. Now we don't even have to act like we give a damn about them.

I would not go that far and as private schools in major conferences, I personally would like to play both TCU & Baylor as non-conference opponents
Charleston Pony

Postby Silk » Fri Sep 01, 2023 1:54 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:
Silk wrote:I love the fact that I don't care what Froggy High and Baylor High fans say. We're in a better conference, with better road trips, we don't play either of them, etc.

I would not go that far and as private schools in major conferences, I personally would like to play both TCU & Baylor as non-conference opponents

Yeah, but that's because you're a better person than I am. I hate both of those places more than I can describe.
Silk
Varsity

Postby Topper » Fri Sep 01, 2023 2:25 pm

They can squawk all they want but you are right. Road trips to Boston, Miami, San Francisco look a lot better than Stillwater, Lubbock, Manhattan Ks. We have smarter studentsand better alums, than TCU or Baylor, and although we have a history with the NCAA we don't have any murders in the history of our basketball program or the institutionally sanctioned sexual assault of women.
Topper
Hall of Famer

Postby Charleston Pony » Fri Sep 01, 2023 2:54 pm

Smumba2009 wrote:Read the TCU board... if you need any motivation to dip into your bank account and support our team you'll find it there in abundance. That got my blood boiling.

A lot of frog fans think their "you know what" don't stink after last year's success. The truth is we are sister schools and both have a lot of arrogant fans. The bottom line is that this is the reaction you would expect from a rival and I just hope we remain rivals and continue/resume our series in both football and basketball. I'd like to add Baylor to the list of our local rivals because both TCU and Baylor have significantly improved their athletic programs and facilities after years of being SWC doormats. Now it's time for SMU to join them which we still have to prove we can accomplish.
Charleston Pony

Postby smubrooks » Fri Sep 01, 2023 3:01 pm

I enjoy having an arch nemesis and therefore would prefer to play tcu every year. I think it’s good for both schools and the metroplex.

And yet, F**K tcu!!
Pony Up!
smubrooks
All-American

Postby Flipper » Fri Sep 01, 2023 3:46 pm

I cannot wait till we stomp on TCU in FW and chants of A-C-C, A-C-C, A-C-C ring out from the visitors! Go Mustangs!
Flipper
Recruit

Postby Mustangs_Maroons » Fri Sep 01, 2023 3:50 pm

No one should even worry what the toads or the pervs from Baylor say. The toads are fuming. We will be rolling them moving forward in athletics now too. The only thing they had going against us was their p5 angle. We’re in a much better conference. Enjoy it, this has been well deserved after all we’ve been though.
Mustangs_Maroons
Heisman

Postby Smumba2009 » Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:32 pm

We've been through a lot over the years to reach this point. We should pause and celebrate this moment.

With that said we should, at the appropriate time, shift our focus to building programs that win the ACC. I know I'm pushing forward a bit quickly with this statement. With that said the opportunity isn't to be in the ACC, it's to become a dominant force in the ACC and nationally. #ponyup
Smumba2009
Varsity

Postby Insane_Pony_Posse » Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:55 pm

North Texas State fans are very bitter about SMU going into the ACC

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/meanand ... t9670.html
C-ya @ Milos!
Insane_Pony_Posse
PonyFans.com Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Football