PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Sonny the Snyake

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Sonny the Snyake

Postby peruna81 » Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:45 pm

So if..and this is a BIG if...we defeat TCU in Ft Worth, do we have a sign that says "Thank You, Frogs" ?
stable-boy for the four horsemen of the apocalypse
peruna81
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Topper » Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:50 pm

Paladin wrote:Poor Sonny D., during post-game interview sounded like a little boy who had been bullied at school, thought he was going to start crying....Enjoy your gig there in Fort Worth, Sonny, you may end up like you did at Cal !

He has lost three of the last four. The announcers erred by forgetting that Kansas State won the Big 12 last year not the Frogs. I haven't seen Chandlers numbers but TCU IMO would have won today if Duggan was back. Sonny was actually lucky when Chandler went out last season.
Topper
Hall of Famer

Postby indianmustang » Sun Sep 03, 2023 1:42 am

Crawl back to smew if you choose the later.
https://forum.killerfrogs.com/index.php ... ip.237673/
Mustang from India
indianmustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Sep 03, 2023 6:58 am

EastStang wrote:Best team in Big XII beaten by worst team in PAC 12. If we manage to beat the Frogs does Donny’s seat get hot?

Of course that is based on last year. Those are very different teams compared to last year. I suspect TCU has dropped off but Colorado might be significantly improved. We'll find out about TCU soon enough but it will be interesting to see how those teams fare in their conference games
Charleston Pony

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Sep 03, 2023 12:02 pm

Meanwhile, although there remains a lot of animosity towards Sonny, we can probably thank him for SMU's invitation to the ACC. When he left, he commented that "he had taken SMU as far as he could", undoubtedly a reference to the fact we were stuck at the G5 level and he obviously didn't see any hope of any power conference invitation.

I give him credit for having captured lightning in a bottle with last year's playoff invite at TCU and expect he's now probably reached the pinnacle of his coaching career. His leaving lit a fire under SMU's big money donors who have really stepped up and hopefully will continue doing so until SMU earns a spot in the CFP. Let's hope more SMU alumni and Dallas area college sports fans jump on the bandwagon and support this program as well.
Charleston Pony

Postby Dukie » Sun Sep 03, 2023 12:41 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:Meanwhile, although there remains a lot of animosity towards Sonny, we can probably thank him for SMU's invitation to the ACC.

Hahahahaha.

Nope.
Dukie
Heisman

Postby Blvd_Stang » Sun Sep 03, 2023 12:56 pm

My weekend in a nutshell...

2009 Ponyfans Rookie of the Year
Blvd_Stang
Heisman

Postby ShantyBoy » Sun Sep 03, 2023 2:49 pm

Blvd_Stang wrote:My weekend in a nutshell...

Haha! This is awesome!
ShantyBoy
Junior Varsity

Postby ponyte » Sun Sep 03, 2023 3:14 pm

ShantyBoy wrote:
Blvd_Stang wrote:My weekend in a nutshell...

Haha! This is awesome!

Left out Wyoming beating TTU. Hades Lubbock hs a larger population than the whole state of Wyoming.
ponyte

Postby Smumba2009 » Sun Sep 03, 2023 4:14 pm

These toads been talking so much trash about how we got into the ACC and that they needed to end our series because their fans hate our stadium experience and the risk to reward wasn't worth it in playing us. Nothing would make me happier than to smash them this year and go on to become a national powerhouse in the ACC. Shut your purple faces.
Smumba2009
Varsity

Previous

Return to Football