PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Early Line for OU Game

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Early Line for OU Game

Postby 35straight II » Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:14 pm

OU -16.5. Good week of preparation and I see the Ponies keeping this one close. Still don’t think we’ve let Stone loose.
35straight II
Scout Team

Re: Early Line for OU Game

Postby Mustangs_Maroons » Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:21 pm

I think I saw it at 18. Clearly, there is a strong weight being put on OU’s beat down of Arkansas State. I don’t know what to make of OU - their HC is a defensive guy, they clearly played poorly last year. Their quarterbacks last year were terrible. Not sure how good they are or how bad Arkansas State is. We’ll need to play at our top game but I’m not buying that OU is that much of a favorite, even playing at Oklahoma. My guess is their quarterbacks still have not been battle tested and with pressure they will amor mistakes. This would be a massive step if we win.
Mustangs_Maroons
Heisman

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:46 pm

Mustangs_Maroons wrote:I think I saw it at 18. Clearly, there is a strong weight being put on OU’s beat down of Arkansas State. I don’t know what to make of OU - their HC is a defensive guy, they clearly played poorly last year. Their quarterbacks last year were terrible. Not sure how good they are or how bad Arkansas State is. We’ll need to play at our top game but I’m not buying that OU is that much of a favorite, even playing at Oklahoma. My guess is their quarterbacks still have not been battle tested and with pressure they will amor mistakes. This would be a massive step if we win.

OU's starting QB is the UCF transfer Dillon Gabriel who started as a true FR and is a 5th year senior in his 2nd year at OU. He was the Big XII newcomer of the year last year and is the real deal. Our guys have their hands full Saturday and will need to put a lot of points on the board to be competitive in Norman because Gabriel and OU will make this a high scoring game.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Mustangs_Maroons » Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:13 pm

They were also 6-7 last season with a 3-6 conference record. That’s the only relevant data points I have. I do think this will be a much improved game but that opening line seems too high to me for two unproven teams. We have to prove it but so do they.
Mustangs_Maroons
Heisman

Postby Arkpony » Sun Sep 03, 2023 10:18 pm

I fear our inability to run the ball will severely hamper us.
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony

Postby Charleston Pony » Mon Sep 04, 2023 6:20 am

Arkpony wrote:I fear our inability to run the ball will severely hamper us.

Hopefully Cam Wheaton will add to the running attack and our 3 headed monster with fresh legs will help take some pressure off of Stone and the passing game. We're in trouble if he has to throw it 50 times Saturday
Charleston Pony

Postby orguy » Thu Sep 07, 2023 2:22 am

Arkpony wrote:I fear our inability to run the ball will severely hamper us.

Indeed. People movers w/ copious doses of depth at the LOS. UO is looking
scary. Worried. Much more confident in our chances against the frogs and
Praire View. Norman is a tough place to win.
orguy
All-American

Return to Football