PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

From Thomas Morstead

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

From Thomas Morstead

Postby PonyPride » Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:43 pm

The former SMU star kicked off his 15th NFL season yesterday. Before the game, he shared this on social media — since he put it out there, I assume he doesn't mind us sharing it here.

For those who know Thomas, or knew Frank Gansz, Sr., what he wrote will come as no surprise:

Year 15
A season of gratitude
It’s Monday September 11, 2023.
I’m less than five hours from kicking off my 15th NFL season. I just woke up from a nap, a night game routine I’ve practiced my entire career.
As an adult, I’ve consciously attempted to have a self improvement mindset in all areas of my life, a level of consistent effort and discipline that is better than last year, or last month, or yesterday.
It’s a process focused approach to life, in hopes that it will lead to a desired result. It doesn’t guarantee success, but when you’re doing it right, it frees you.
I learned this from Frank Gansz Sr, my coach at SMU.
The week before I was drafted by the Saints, Frank was asked, “Would you draft Thomas?”
Reportedly, his response was, “Not only would I draft him, I would trade up to draft him. He will give you 15 years of excellence!”
Now I’m not here to tell you that I’ve been excellent for all 15 of those years. I’ve had a lot of ups, and a few downs. But, I have been trying to live up to Frank’s belief in me for my entire career.
It’s been one of the greatest blessings in my life to have been mentored by him as a young man. We stand on the shoulders of those who came before us. I’m enjoying a harvest that was sewed many years ago, and the sewing never stops.
Tonight is the beginning of my 15th NFL season. I’m so grateful!
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: From Thomas Morstead

Postby SmooBoy » Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:08 pm

TM is our most consistent pro post-DP. Awesome player. Great dude. He represents the Hilltop so perfectly.
SmooBoy
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Big Hoss » Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:50 pm

That was awesome. Thanks for sharing that. What a great representative of SMU and the NFL.
Big Hoss
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Hilltopper » Sat Sep 16, 2023 12:23 pm

First-class post by a first-class human being ... and a damned good punter.
Hilltopper
All-American

Return to Football