PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

OFFICIAL: SMU--ECU PREDICTIONS

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: OFFICIAL: SMU--ECU PREDICTIONS

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:29 am

The Pirates will "Paint It Black" in the "Starry Night of the Boneyard" for their American Athletic Conference contest against SMU on Thursday, Oct. 12 at Bagwell Field inside Dowdy-Ficklen Stadium.

All fans are encouraged to wear black for the nationally televised game on ESPN that is set to kickoff at 7:35 p.m. (ET).

Starry will sponsor a pre-game parachute jump and will be giving away $500 to a pair of students in attendance for the game. Prior to kickoff, Pirate fans are encouraged to attend the men’s basketball open Purple-Gold Scrimmage inside Minges Coliseum, which will run from 5-6:30 p.m. The first 200 students at the open scrimmage will receive a free pizza. The football team will conduct their Pirate Walk starting at 5 p.m. which will begin at the Howard & Lynn Swan Promenade.

Additional in-game giveaways include:
• 55” TV
• Three $250 Dowdy Student Store Gift Cards
• Signed Mike Houston football
• Pre-game sideline passes to Charlotte game (Oct. 21)
• Airpods
• Yeti Cooler
• iPad
• Personal electric scooter
• Student Pirate Club (SPC) memberships
• One Student will have the chance to win $1,000 during halftime Punt Pass Kick contest
• One Student who stays until the end of the game will be randomly selected to win $1,000

15 upvotes15
ALEX LIFESON
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby dalpony » Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:17 am

38-13 Mustangs!
dalpony
Varsity

Postby PlanoStang » Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:13 am

S.M.U. 31 E.C.U. 21
May the forth be with us.
PlanoStang
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Hop Sing » Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:22 am

ECU fans are butt hurt over our ACC invite, and it’s understandable. They reside in the neighborhood, have a rabid fan base, but will never get in. I would hope that the big game atmosphere fires our guys up as well. The line has moved to -12, and I think we win 34-10
Hop Sing
Varsity

Postby Charleston Pony » Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:39 am

Hop Sing wrote:ECU fans are butt hurt over our ACC invite, and it’s understandable. They reside in the neighborhood, have a rabid fan base, but will never get in. I would hope that the big game atmosphere fires our guys up as well. The line has moved to -12, and I think we win 34-10

ECU had a long running series and pretty good rivalry going with NCSU until ECU fans stormed the field in Raleigh and tore down the goal posts and did a lot of damage to the stadium as I recall. I think that was 1987 because I had just moved to Durham and worked with a couple of Pirates. There was a lot of bad blood towards the ACC and both NCSU and UNC made ECU come to Raleigh & Chapel Hill to play their ACC rivals. NCSU cancelled their series with ECU after that "riot" game but I think the N.C. General Assembly mandated the ACC schools (UNC & NCSU) "share the wealth" and play ECU every year and ECU now gets to host those schools in alternating years. The Pirates have more than held their own in games played in Greenville. Coming into this season, I thought our guys would lose either this game or the game at Memphis as both will be really tough road games. I do think we survive an emotional 1st half scare and go on to cover the spread Thursday night.
Charleston Pony

Postby SMULaxer » Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:48 am

ALEX LIFESON wrote:The Pirates will "Paint It Black" in the "Starry Night of the Boneyard" for their American Athletic Conference contest against SMU on Thursday, Oct. 12 at Bagwell Field inside Dowdy-Ficklen Stadium.

All fans are encouraged to wear black for the nationally televised game on ESPN that is set to kickoff at 7:35 p.m. (ET).

Starry will sponsor a pre-game parachute jump and will be giving away $500 to a pair of students in attendance for the game. Prior to kickoff, Pirate fans are encouraged to attend the men’s basketball open Purple-Gold Scrimmage inside Minges Coliseum, which will run from 5-6:30 p.m. The first 200 students at the open scrimmage will receive a free pizza. The football team will conduct their Pirate Walk starting at 5 p.m. which will begin at the Howard & Lynn Swan Promenade.

Additional in-game giveaways include:
• 55” TV
• Three $250 Dowdy Student Store Gift Cards
• Signed Mike Houston football
• Pre-game sideline passes to Charlotte game (Oct. 21)
• Airpods
• Yeti Cooler
• iPad
• Personal electric scooter
• Student Pirate Club (SPC) memberships
• One Student will have the chance to win $1,000 during halftime Punt Pass Kick contest
• One Student who stays until the end of the game will be randomly selected to win $1,000

15 upvotes15

55" TVs are on sale on Amazon today for $200.

What would the equivalent prizes need to be to motivate SMU students?
Pay Lashlee more money
SMULaxer
Heisman

Postby Arkpony » Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:15 pm

To motivate SMU fans, a Porsche Carrera GT?
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:57 am

dalpony wrote:38-13 Mustangs!

That's bold!
ALEX LIFESON

Postby HubbaHubba » Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:32 am

Ponies 49
Picaroons 12
HubbaHubba
All-American

Postby docabel » Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:03 am

Ponies 35
PeeDee Pirates 21
docabel
Heisman

Postby Dukie » Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:28 pm

Hop Sing wrote:ECU fans are butt hurt over our ACC invite, and it’s understandable. They reside in the neighborhood, have a rabid fan base, but will never get in. I would hope that the big game atmosphere fires our guys up as well. The line has moved to -12, and I think we win 34-10

I agree with the first two sentences but as a result of that, I don't think there's any chance of an SMU blowout. There is a better chance than most understand of an ECU upset. I hope the team is ready.
Dukie
Heisman

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Wed Oct 11, 2023 2:30 pm

Dukie wrote:

I agree with the first two sentences but as a result of that, I don't think there's any chance of an SMU blowout. There is a better chance than most understand of an ECU upset. I hope the team is ready.

SMU's last trip to ECU was a disaster. Going into that game, ECU was 2-6, SMU was 7-2. The Pirates jumped on us early and led at the half 45-7. Because of the Wuhan Flu, our following game against Coug High was cancelled, so that brought November Swoon to an abrupt ending. We have a fair amount of current players, that will be making their return flight today.

Brandon Crossley, Tyler Levine, Elijah Chatman, Justin Osborne, Marcus Bryant, Branson Hickman, Dalton Perdue, Cam Ervin, Jackson Ritz, Ben Sparks, Alex Sickafoose, Nelson Paul, Devere Levelston and Parker Stone-now a coach.
ALEX LIFESON

Postby EastStang » Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:13 pm

ECU is probably better than TCU. So, we better be ready.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Postby Hop Sing » Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:36 pm

Dukie wrote:

I think ECU is better than their record, but this is a must win for us. Don’t care if we win by 1, just win
Hop Sing
Varsity

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:41 pm

Ponies by 14.
Mustangs35SMU

PreviousNext

Return to Football