PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

ECU Game Thread

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: ECU Game Thread

Postby GiddyUp » Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:03 pm

This offense is absolute garbage. Unbelievable
GiddyUp
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:52 am

Bottom line is that it's a road win in what has been a difficult place for SMU to win. We are now 5-5 against ECU all time and remain among the unbeaten teams in AAC play
Charleston Pony

Postby EastStang » Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:56 am

As was pointed out on the other thread, their D knew the play that was coming all night. I don't know what we were doing to tip them off, or whether they could figure out our signals, but they had 8 in the box on runs, and 8 back on passes. Uncanny. Even RPO's seemed to be sniffed out. We got a win on the road when the O struggled. The refs must like Carolina Barbecue. We have another road game this week in Philly. I hope the Phillies aren't home at the same day we are playing. Parking could be a mess.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Postby Hop Sing » Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:35 am

It was a weird game. 2 long TD’s early that made me feel like it would be a cakewalk, and then the offense got completely shutdown. 10 straight possessions in the second half without a first down, and I blame that on a refusal to adapt. Instead of running around for what seemed like 10 minutes every play looking for an open receiver that wasn’t there, we should have been doing what they did on the next to last drive. Take what was there, which was Stone running and moving the chains.
Hop Sing
Varsity

Postby peruna81 » Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:48 am

Highlight of the game was the ECU special teams player trying to sell the idea that he had been "hit" after the play...the flop was worthy of any soccer hoon.
stable-boy for the four horsemen of the apocalypse
peruna81
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mtrout » Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:53 am

Seems like half our team is playing like an NFL guy the year after their contract year.
mtrout
Hall of Famer

Postby PlanoStang » Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:44 am

mtrout wrote:Seems like half our team is playing like an NFL guy the year after their contract year.

Hmmm, lots of new guys with our NIL now being given to them. :roll:
May the forth be with us.
PlanoStang
PonyFans.com Legend

Previous

Return to Football