PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU Ranked #24

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: SMU Ranked #24

Postby TwoTimeGrad » Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:21 am

EastStang wrote:We're now entering November, our bad month. Let's prove we can win out in November and then we'll have something to brag about. Rice is a good team and will really challenge our defense. If we can stop them cold and Tulane didn't, then we'll have a good comparison.

We won't suffer the "Sonny Fade" this year. Gulp for the Frogs prospects.
TwoTimeGrad
Scout Team

Postby Pony4Life » Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:48 pm

35straight II wrote:
Pony4Life wrote:
mustangxc wrote:Another lopsided win and we lost 2 votes in the Coaches poll. I guess we need to score 100 to get some respect. Beat Rice!

Just need to beat a decent team.

Who had Tulane beat?

Fair point, but the post was about us, not Tulane. We have not yet beaten a team with a winning record.
FWIW, I think Tulane is benefitting from the attention generated in last year's run. Voters who don't watch every team, and I think we can all safely assume not every voter has seen Tulane this year, sometimes see a team's record and remember back to the last time they saw that team, even if there is a new coach or major roster turnover.
Fountain of youth
Giver of truth
Six parts gin
One part vermouth
Pony4Life
Heisman

Postby Charleston Pony » Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:51 pm

The good news is that Tulane has jumped Air Force in the 1st CFP rankings. The AP and Coaches polls have had AF ranked higher than Tulane all year but it's the CFP poll that will matter (in terms of what G5 school gets a NY6 bowl invite) if we win out and AF does, too.

https://collegefootballplayoff.com/news ... -1031.aspx
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Previous

Return to Football