PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

How you like him now?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

How you like him now?

Postby MV pony » Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:04 am

TCU was thrilled when it stole Dykes and tanked our season. How do the TCU fans like him now? It’s amazing how TCU (and Arky) thought our mediocre G-5 coaches would become superstars at their institutions. :lol:
MV pony
All-American

Re: How you like him now?

Postby Charleston Pony » Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:15 am

Well...Sonny is still undefeated in the battle for the Iron Skillet. Hope we can end that streak next year...and TCU will always have that trip to the National Championship Game regardless of the outcome. We can only hope that someday SMU will enjoy the same experience. I doubt TCU has soured on Sonny yet as they are a different team with Morris at QB and next year they won't have to compete against Texas and OU. That should help keep them bowl eligible.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby 1983 Cotton Bowl » Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:24 am

It was too soon to annoint Sonny as the second coming after he took them to the NC game using a lot of Patterson's guys. They had a great run and you can't take that away from them, but they got a lot of lucky bounces too. Reality finally caught up to them against UGA. Likewise, I think its too soon to call Sonny a bust 8 games into what is clearly a very disappointing second season. And there is still time for them to steal a big win against UT or OU (however unlikely), which would put some balm on the wounds. I'll be interested to see how he does in the portal this year, and what they can roll out next year. If next year is like this one, then I'll start to rub my hands with glee.
1983 Cotton Bowl
Heisman

Postby Hop Sing » Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:40 am

I’m a firm believer that the frauds are getting ready to reap some serious karma for their treatment of Patterson. Last year was a fluke, and they made it because of a gritty determined quarterback, not Sonny. Their current situation is reminiscent of Texas and Mack Brown. It’s easy to forget why you are winning.
Hop Sing
Varsity

Postby EastStang » Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:45 am

He struggled at Cal. Now he's getting some of those PAC 12 teams to play. Utah is legit. AZ and ASU are horrid. Colorado beat him already, but they are settling back to normal.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Postby H-E-B Mustang » Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:54 pm

Some Frog fans seem to be suffering from a case of Buyers' Remorse.
H-E-B Mustang
All-American

Postby leopold » Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:45 pm

FCS

Take SMU to the National Championship game and you can go 2-10 the next year and I'll take that every time.

We need to be prepared for him to be successful at TCU for years to come, like it or not.

EDIT: Spelling.
Last edited by leopold on Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
leopold
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby MV pony » Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:13 pm

Take SMU to the Nacional Championship game and you can go 2-20 the next year and I'll take that every time.

Um, you mean take SMU to the NC to lose big time in front of a national audience? No thanks.
MV pony
All-American

Postby EastStang » Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:24 am

As much as I dislike SD, I have to tip my hat on this one.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/sources-tcu-knew-of-michigans-sign-stealing-scheme-prior-to-cfp-game-used-dummy-signals-to-dupe-wolverines-224848698.html

That's what the Nationals did to Astros in the World Series.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Postby tristatecoog » Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:58 am

I hear that TCU wishes it had Duggan at QB (not Chandler!) and Patterson’s defense. Recruiting is solid.
tristatecoog
Hall of Famer

Postby Dukie » Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:13 pm

EastStang wrote:As much as I dislike SD, I have to tip my hat on this one.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/sources-tcu-knew-of-michigans-sign-stealing-scheme-prior-to-cfp-game-used-dummy-signals-to-dupe-wolverines-224848698.html

That's what the Nationals did to Astros in the World Series.

Headline makes TCU sound savvy. The details in the article make clear that all of UM’s buddies were tripping over themselves to shout this at TCU.
Dukie
Heisman

Return to Football