PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Future ACC schedules

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Future ACC schedules

Postby stlpony » Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:25 pm

Dukie wrote:
EastStang wrote:We should play Pitt in Cotton Bowl in December.

I get what you're saying, but the game I'm curious about is F$U at SMU. F$U will want that game moved to JerryWorld. I really hope we don't move it.

It makes zero sense to move a conference game. BUT, maybe Notre Dame at the Cotton Bowl during the open weekend of the State Fair?!?
stlpony
Scout Team

Postby TexanMark » Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:31 pm

I'll be over in '25. I'll be bugging you guys early 25 for visiting tailgate parking info.

If you play us in September or October in 26...I'll host you guys to our tailgate in Syracuse.

Welcome to the ACC
TexanMark
Recruit

Postby Charleston Pony » Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:32 pm

EastStang wrote:Party at my farm next year before UVA game. I’m 1 hour away.

Have a Virginia golfing buddy neighbor and that game has road trip written all over it! I expect he will want to show me around UVA and I usually hit the Mustang Club tailgates at road games, but let's stay in touch as the date draws near.
Last edited by Charleston Pony on Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby TexanMark » Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:35 pm

I pretty much have all the traveling tailgate info nailed for the ACC schools. Any traveling tailgate minded guys reach out to me at www.syracusefan.com or www.csnbbs.com
TexanMark
Recruit

Postby ponyte » Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:37 pm

I like the schedule. We get a top ACC team at home 6 of 7 years (UM, FSU, Clemson, UNC). Based on SMU announcement, we have BYU and TCU at home. HCU at home and Vandy on the road. So 11 of 12 games with P5 schools. Major upgrade in schedule if its correct.
ponyte

Postby Charleston Pony » Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:44 pm

ponyte wrote:I like the schedule. We get a top ACC team at home 6 of 7 years (UM, FSU, Clemson, UNC). Based on SMU announcement, we have BYU and TCU at home. HCU at home and Vandy on the road. So 11 of 12 games with P5 schools. Major upgrade in schedule if its correct.

How long has it been since SMU had 7 home games vs only 5 road games in a season? Next year is a huge opportunity to bolster attendance with both BYU & TCU visiting on top of the 4 conference games
Charleston Pony

Postby TexanMark » Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:51 pm

Dukie wrote:

I get what you're saying, but the game I'm curious about is F$U at SMU. F$U will want that game moved to JerryWorld. I really hope we don't move it.

What is the capacity going to be '24 after the end zone project is done?

I'd expect ACC schools to travel 750 to 10000 to SMU games the first time they play in Dallas.
TexanMark
Recruit

Postby PonyME » Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:53 pm

That’s an amazing and challenging schedule for next year and beyond (curious how the BYU home and home came about…that was a surprise). Never a FSU fan but now rooting for FSU to win it all this year so we can show them some Texas-sized hospitality next year.
PonyME
Scout Team

Postby bubba pony » Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:58 pm

not since the SWC have I heard of every conference opponent without googling some of them
bubba pony
Heisman

Postby Graceland Tar Heel » Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:23 pm

stlpony wrote:
Dukie wrote:

It makes zero sense to move a conference game. BUT, maybe Notre Dame at the Cotton Bowl during the open weekend of the State Fair?!?

That would be a very interesting move.
Graceland Tar Heel
Junior Varsity

Postby PlanoStang » Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:16 pm

Mustangs35SMU wrote:
SmooPower wrote:Next five years posted here: :o https://twitter.com/BryanDFischer/statu ... 7938567264

2029:
HOME - Clemson, Georgia Tech, NC State, Stanford
AWAY - Boston College, Cal, Miami, Syracuse

2030:
HOME - Cal, Duke, Miami, Syracuse
AWAY - Georgia Tech, North Carolina, Pitt, Stanford

Looks like we won’t get to play against Haynes King. :(
May the forth be with us.
PlanoStang
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Graceland Tar Heel » Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:56 am

Just saw replay of last night's ACC PM, and Stanford's AD was on. Are there any plans for the SMU AD to appear on an ACCN show?
Graceland Tar Heel
Junior Varsity

Postby Charleston Pony » Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:33 pm

SmooPower wrote:Next five years posted here: https://twitter.com/BryanDFischer/statu ... 7938567264

2024:

HOME: Boston College, Cal, Florida State, Pitt
AWAY: Duke, Louisville, Stanford, Virginia

2025:

HOME: Louisville, Miami, Stanford, Syracuse
AWAY: Boston College, Cal, Clemson, Wake Forest

2026:

HOME: Boston College, Cal, Virginia, Wake Forest
AWAY: Florida State, Louisville, Stanford, Syracuse

2027:

HOME: Clemson, Georgia Tech, Stanford, Virginia Tech
AWAY: Cal, Pitt, Virginia, Wake Forest

2028:

HOME: Cal, Florida State, Louisvile, North Carolina
AWAY: Georgia Tech, NC State, Stanford, Virginia Tech

Next year is great for me with games at Virginia and Duke. 2025 game at Clemson will be a family trip since both my kids are Clemson grads. 2028 looks good with games at GT, NCSU & VT as those are all driveable road trips for me. Just hope they don't put us on Thursday night for those games.
Charleston Pony

Postby Charleston Pony » Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:46 pm

HailToPitt725 wrote:
indianmustang wrote:no ND

Hi Indianmustang, glad to see that Pitt will be playing SMU in Dallas next year. We plan on making the trip south and I’ll definitely be coming back here closer to time for recommendations.

As for Notre Dame: they have separate scheduling agreement with the ACC (five opponents per season) and are not included in this scheduling model. I’d imagine SMU will be playing the Irish at some point, and I’d bet that a separate model with their revised “conference schedule” will come out at a later date.

Notre Dame is booked for years with ACC opponents so unless everything gets re-worked it will be a while before we get thee Irish

https://fbschedules.com/ncaa/notre-dame/
Charleston Pony

Postby CA Mustang » Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:57 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:
HailToPitt725 wrote:
indianmustang wrote:no ND

Hi Indianmustang, glad to see that Pitt will be playing SMU in Dallas next year. We plan on making the trip south and I’ll definitely be coming back here closer to time for recommendations.

As for Notre Dame: they have separate scheduling agreement with the ACC (five opponents per season) and are not included in this scheduling model. I’d imagine SMU will be playing the Irish at some point, and I’d bet that a separate model with their revised “conference schedule” will come out at a later date.

Notre Dame is booked for years with ACC opponents so unless everything gets re-worked it will be a while before we get thee Irish

https://fbschedules.com/ncaa/notre-dame/

Is next year the end of their series with Stanford? If not, then it's six ACC teams for ND each year.
CA Mustang
Hall of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Football