PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

OFFICIAL: SMU--MEMPHIS Predictions & Roll Call

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: OFFICIAL: SMU--MEMPHIS Predictions & Roll Call

Postby Arkpony » Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:16 pm

There may be some truth to that. All are pissed that we are leaving—jealously raises its ugly head!
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby HubbaHubba » Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:26 pm

All white uniforms or white jersey with blue or red pants? If I would have known we would be wearing our ugly uniforms against NTSU I would have been much more pessimistic in my prediction.
HubbaHubba
All-American

Postby Terry Webster » Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:22 am

HubbaHubba wrote:All white uniforms or white jersey with blue or red pants? If I would have known we would be wearing our ugly uniforms against NTSU I would have been much more pessimistic in my prediction.

Memphis is having a black out for the game.
Terry Webster
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Hop Sing » Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:00 am

I went to Memphis for our game 2 years ago, and they were the better team. It was close, but we couldn’t punt or kick field goals that year. The roles are reversed this year, and we will win it in the 4th quarter by a 2 score margin.
Hop Sing
Varsity

Postby HubbaHubba » Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:27 am

At least our special teams are up and down this year instead of always being down. If the special teams don't cr*p the bed we should win pulling away.
HubbaHubba
All-American

Postby Charleston Pony » Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:18 pm

I hate to be the 1st to predict a Memphis win, but after watching their poor showing against Charlotte last week and with their still managing to pull out a win and at least theoretically remain alive for a berth in the AAC championship game, I think we get Memphis' best shot Saturday. Looking back and trying to be realistic, we've lost the 2 games we played this year against teams I had hoped we would be more competitive against. Those were road games and we struggled on the road at Rice as well. I'm going to have to go with Memphis in what I expect will be a real battle, 34-31. PLEASE prove me wrong Mustangs!
Charleston Pony

Postby highlander » Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:42 pm

34-20 SMU.

This is the best defense SMU has had since the 80s, and the it's the best defense in the AAC. Memphis can score 44 against Charlotte -- they have not seen anything like SMU's defense.
highlander
Varsity

Postby 1983 Cotton Bowl » Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:00 pm

We gotta beat these guys!
1983 Cotton Bowl
Heisman

Postby peruna81 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:33 pm

31-27 SMU

We hang on at the end...
stable-boy for the four horsemen of the apocalypse
peruna81
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:30 pm

https://twitter.com/TigersAthletics/sta ... 4RnWw&s=19

Former Memphis player and current Philadelphia Eagle, purchased 2500 tickets and giving them away for the SMU game.
ALEX LIFESON

Postby crazy horse » Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:55 pm

I hope our team is more confident than some here.

Memphis defense is ranked 104th in the nation, allowing 6 yds/play, 414 a game. SMUs defense ranked 11th 4 yds/play, 291 a game.

On offense, SMU is ranked 10th 6.4/473. UM 21st 6.4/452.

Assuming no significant turnovers, injuries, or ST lapses, I REALLY like our defense against their offense. And I LOVE our offense versus their defense.

Their QB might be playing sore. He is good. Defense needs to put some bodies on him, make him uncomfortable - often. We need to keep scoring until they make us stop, just to make sure he has NO chance for last minute heroics. Silence the fans, and any jealous fools who see the game as some sort of "going away present" for SMU. Play hard from whistle to whistle. Don't allow them even a sliver of a hope for a win, not even a moral victory.

Yes, its a road game. Yes, the conference championship game is on the line. Yes, we've struggled in Memphis in the past. But this is a far better team than we have ever taken to Memphis in the AAC era. We have talent and depth at every position. Memphis has struggled against teams we beat by double digits. Their average conference win is 9.2. SMUs avg. win 30.3. ESPN gives us a 75% chance of winning. FPI - SMU #22, UM #55 - We got this!

It will be tight at first, but like UNT, we will pull away and grind them down. They will not keep up with our scoring. This is the best team in the AAC for 2023. And on Saturday, we will prove it to the world - at least those watching in Memphis and on ESPN2 @ 11 AM CST!

AMEN!

45-17 Mustangs
"Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it."

New post Rhett Lashlee - College Football's Coach Of The Year
crazy horse
All-American

Postby 35straight II » Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:10 am

38-24 SMU
35straight II
Scout Team

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:36 am

crazy horse wrote:I hope our team is more confident than some here.

Memphis defense is ranked 104th in the nation, allowing 6 yds/play, 414 a game. SMUs defense ranked 11th 4 yds/play, 291 a game.

On offense, SMU is ranked 10th 6.4/473. UM 21st 6.4/452.

Assuming no significant turnovers, injuries, or ST lapses, I REALLY like our defense against their offense. And I LOVE our offense versus their defense.

Their QB might be playing sore. He is good. Defense needs to put some bodies on him, make him uncomfortable - often. We need to keep scoring until they make us stop, just to make sure he has NO chance for last minute heroics. Silence the fans, and any jealous fools who see the game as some sort of "going away present" for SMU. Play hard from whistle to whistle. Don't allow them even a sliver of a hope for a win, not even a moral victory.

Yes, its a road game. Yes, the conference championship game is on the line. Yes, we've struggled in Memphis in the past. But this is a far better team than we have ever taken to Memphis in the AAC era. We have talent and depth at every position. Memphis has struggled against teams we beat by double digits. Their average conference win is 9.2. SMUs avg. win 30.3. ESPN gives us a 75% chance of winning. FPI - SMU #22, UM #55 - We got this!

It will be tight at first, but like UNT, we will pull away and grind them down. They will not keep up with our scoring. This is the best team in the AAC for 2023. And on Saturday, we will prove it to the world - at least those watching in Memphis and on ESPN2 @ 11 AM CST!

AMEN!

45-17 Mustangs

In 2019 we lost that game because of horrible special teams. In 2023, it's not as bad, but still...not good. Three punts blocked, kick coverage is so shaky, that we were afraid to kickoff to north Texas state, so we squib kicked 3 and 2 went out of bounds, giving them the ball at the 35. We will get their best shot and as we have seen in the last few weeks, the offials are not our friend.
ALEX LIFESON

Postby White Helmet » Thu Nov 16, 2023 11:39 am

Memphis 42
Ponies 20

We crap the bed like usual...
White Helmet
Hall of Famer

Postby HubbaHubba » Thu Nov 16, 2023 11:52 am

My head says;

Ponies 45
Pussycats 12

My anxious heart says;

Special team disaster experts 35
Luckycats 33

(Rice like nail biter but we're still good enough to win)
HubbaHubba
All-American

PreviousNext

Return to Football