PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Season Tickets

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Season Tickets

Postby mrydel » Mon Mar 22, 2004 12:17 pm

I am confident that this year will a positive year for the Mustangs. Lots of wins? Probably not many, but a much improved team able to perform under potentially winning offensive and defensive schemes. With this in mind, it is time for me to commit to buying season tickets. I could use some help from those of you that attend the games regularly. I have never even been to Ford Stadium, so need the best advice possible. I am assuming I want tickets in section 103, 104, or 105 if available. Does anyone know if there will be season ticketes available in this sections? OR...are any of the naysayers out there who have season tickets in these sections wanting to get rid of theirs. I hope not, but I would be interested in buying them if possible. The only catch is that once I buy them this year, you can not have them back when the program has turned around. I am a 1972 graduate and former ballplayer who is just too old to sit with the band or the students (no offense intended). Any information that can help me would be appreciated. I need two sets together of the season tickets. Thanks
mrydel
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby DreadHead » Mon Mar 22, 2004 6:29 pm

I am quite sure that you will be able to get season tickets in any section; however, I think you have to be a Mustang Club member to get the choice seats. I'm with you, this is going to be the year that we see some improvement. Yah, mon.
DreadHead
Scout Team

Postby Mickey » Mon Mar 22, 2004 9:07 pm

Myrdel, If you are a letterman, take advantage of it. Lettermen get one free season ticket if they buy a season ticket. You only get one, not one for one. This promotion is for MBB as well. I have taken advantage of this for years. It is a very good deal. The only catch is that you have to be a member of the Lettermens Club and maybe even the Mustang Club. Regardless, it is still a vey good deal. If you need the Lettermen Club #, please respond. and I will look it up for you.
Mickey
All-American

Postby Corso » Mon Mar 22, 2004 10:34 pm

Anyone know any numbers on ticket sales compared to last year at this time?
Corso
Hall of Famer

Postby mrydel » Tue Mar 23, 2004 9:05 am

Thanks for the info. I have contacted the Lettermen's Association for direction.
mrydel

Season Ticket Sales So Far

Postby DiamondM » Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:32 am

Since I just got my renewal in the mail yesterday, I dare say season ticket sales so far are fairly low, but probably no lower than "this time" -- i.e. the week renewals went out -- last year.
DiamondM
Heisman

Postby Bergermeister » Fri Mar 26, 2004 9:50 am

There is the little-publicized money-saver plan for seats: Purchase a low-priced general admission ticket, or bring a can of spinach or whatever, and then just go sit your butt in any of the aforementioned sections on the 50 yard line. A large number of people who have these prized tickets never attend a game. I do purchase season tickets, but I do "upgrade" at kickoff. Might as well fill in th' gaps.
Bergermeister

Postby mrydel » Fri Mar 26, 2004 9:56 am

Just as a follow up ( although I am sure no one real cares) thanks to the good advice, I now have my season tickets ordered, my Mustang Club and Lettermens Club dues are paid, and my Hotel reservation for September 4, 2004 is confirmed. I am ready for the season to begin. I doubt there will be a lot of wins next year, but I am now in place for the beginning of what I believe will be an upswing in SMU football.
mrydel

Return to Football