PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Tulane Message Board Talks SMU

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Tulane Message Board Talks SMU

Postby PonyTales » Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:29 pm

HarvCrimYaleBlue wrote:
ALEX LIFESON wrote:Wave hello, (with middle finger) to those chumps from Tulane, since they are quoting PonyFans,com.

https://www.yogwf.com/viewforum.php?f=2 ... 9b54153087

I can’t click into it. Says I’ve been “permanently banned” based on my IP location. Never been to the site before. Very odd.

Similar limitation here. I've never been to (or heard of) that site before. When I went to register, it said my e-mail address is "not allowed to be used." I submitted three addresses from two different laptops and got the same answer each time.

Love the fact that Lashlee rested Johnson and Knighton against Navy, and Wheaton and Lavine looked fantastic.

If the running game clicks and Jennings is as "mature beyond his years" as people keep saying, Saturday could be a good day.
PonyTales
Heisman

Postby Mustangs_Maroons » Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:48 pm

Tulane is not the best team we have faced this year. OU is clearly the best team we have faced and our defense was more than competitive. Our offense really didn’t show up that game. We have to play much better than we did in that game and with our backup QB but the team we are facing and the environment (Tulane vs OU stadium) is not the same. Our team has much improved since then.

The key to the game will be to stop the run and make their QB make the throws, which I think he’ll struggle. He struggled throwing the ball against UTSA but he was able to scramble for some key runs. We need to keep him in the pocket and pressure him. We have shown we can do that. They are not an explosive offense. We need a running back by committee approach and take the pressure off of Jennings. Our D is better overall. Avoid losing the turnover battle and we should win, even if too close for comfort.
Mustangs_Maroons
Heisman

Postby EastStang » Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:02 pm

I want us running through walls. So, Tulane is the best team we've faced so far. Ole Miss won by 17 but I heard from Tulane fans that it was a lucky win. So, I'll go with that. I want us ready for war with these guys. They embarrassed us last year, so this year we need play our best to beat these guys. Let's not give the Wave any bulletin board material.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby sail420s » Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:35 pm

HarvCrimYaleBlue wrote:
ALEX LIFESON wrote:Wave hello, (with middle finger) to those chumps from Tulane, since they are quoting PonyFans,com.

I can’t click into it. Says I’ve been “permanently banned” based on my IP location. Never been to the site before. Very odd.

I got the same thing. It was because of my VPN. When I paused that, it worked.
sail420s
Varsity

Postby indianmustang » Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:16 pm

ESPN thinks we have 72% chance to win the game
https://www.espn.com/college-football/g ... /401539477
Mustang from India
indianmustang

Postby Diamond Girl » Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:42 pm

I tried logging on to the Tulane board and was told I was permanently banned, too. I've never been on their site.
Everything we want is on the other side of difficult.
Diamond Girl
Heisman

Postby Dukie » Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:02 am

The Tulane board is suddenly full of respect for SMU and especially KJ. Lol.
Dukie
Heisman

Postby TexanMark » Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:23 am

PonyTales wrote:
HarvCrimYaleBlue wrote:

Similar limitation here. I've never been to (or heard of) that site before. When I went to register, it said my e-mail address is "not allowed to be used." I submitted three addresses from two different laptops and got the same answer each time.

Love the fact that Lashlee rested Johnson and Knighton against Navy, and Wheaton and Lavine looked fantastic.

If the running game clicks and Jennings is as "mature beyond his years" as people keep saying, Saturday could be a good day.

If you have a VPN enabled it'll say that. You'll have to turn off your VPN

Annoying AF
TexanMark
Recruit

Postby soccermom » Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:03 am

Last week they were also complaining about our band playing our fight song so much…..”even when they don’t score”.
soccermom
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mrydel » Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:13 pm

soccermom wrote:Last week they were also complaining about our band playing our fight song so much…..”even when they don’t score”.
Well I would like to mention their fog horn
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby soccermom » Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:22 pm

Mrydel, I heard it too. Idk how it sounds in person but the siren that was the worst was the one they use at Houston. The decibel on that is really bad. It hurts my ears.
soccermom
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby PonyPride » Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:31 pm

mrydel wrote:
soccermom wrote:Last week they were also complaining about our band playing our fight song so much…..”even when they don’t score”.
Well I would like to mention their fog horn

As someone on the field and often in front of the speakers that blasted that thing ... I couldn't agree with you more.
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride

Postby highlander » Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:17 pm

It's been a really bad 24 hours for Tulane. Not only did their team unexpectedly (from their point of view) lose the conference championship at home, but they also lost their beloved coach. Now they know they are probably sinking back to mediocrity and moving backwards from where they want to go.
highlander
Varsity

Postby birddogger » Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:32 pm

Reading the Tulane message board almost gave me PTSD. We've had many a lean year and lost many a coach. But it's a good time to be a Mustang!
birddogger
All-American

Postby ponyte » Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:51 pm

From someone sitting about 2 sections away from the speakers, the Foghorn wasn't that loud. As a matter of fact, one could barely heard the speaker announcements. Yulman is barely a mid Texas HS stadium. Barely.
ponyte

Previous

Return to Football