PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

CFP selection show

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: CFP selection show

Postby EastStang » Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:45 pm

Wonder if result would have been different if Stone was not hurt.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby utp@smu » Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:46 pm

This sucks.

Giving Liberty any sort of exposure is gross.
utp@smu
Recruit

Postby soccermom » Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:49 pm

I hate the ncaa. Stone being hurt shouldn’t be used against us. Announcers just said they’re not sure Oregon’s qb is going to play. Maybe they shouldn’t have put them in a bowl game. I totally expected to get screwed again but I hate them.
soccermom
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby smubrooks » Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:53 pm

I wonder if the old guard doesn’t like the fact that we are buying our way to success in the NIL world and ACC move. Just a thought
Pony Up!
smubrooks
All-American

Postby EastStang » Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:55 pm

NC State guy chairs the committee. NC State was last team to vote us into conference. Not sure what to make of this.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Postby Mustangs_Maroons » Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:56 pm

Oregon will beat this time by 50 points if not more. I heard the non explanation. This boo corrigan just screwed the ACC. He had no explanation. I’m not surprised. These idiots should not be allowed in Dallas ever again. Persons non grata for life in the city and for SMU.

I hope SMU comes out with a statement.
Mustangs_Maroons
Heisman

Postby Webmaster » Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:56 pm

My wife made the point that if the selection committee is going to downgrade FL State and SMU for losing our QBs, then they need to receive, in advance, a list of players who elect to sit out the bowl games and factor that into the selection process.

But the fact that you can get to 13-0 by playing the weakest schedule in the entire country and get a NY6 bowl invite discredits that entire selection committee.
"Rhett Lashlee not only has the top G5 transfer class, it’s one of the best classes in the country, period.”
–– Chris Vannini, The Athletic

Thanks for supporting PonyFans.com. If you have any problems or concerns, please e-mail us at webmaster@ponyfans.com
Webmaster
Heisman

Postby SMUer » Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:59 pm

Prayers and alcohol-driven statutory rape parties and victim-suppression really do confer blessings upon you.
Last edited by SMUer on Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SMUer

Postby mtrout » Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:00 pm

Mustangs_Maroons wrote:Oregon will beat this time by 50 points if not more. I heard the non explanation. This boo corrigan just screwed the ACC. He had no explanation. I’m not surprised. These idiots should not be allowed in Dallas ever again. Persons non grata for life in the city and for SMU.

Bo Nix won’t play. Oregon might not even train for this. Just play the backups.
mtrout
Hall of Famer

Postby MV pony » Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:00 pm

A bunch of morons taking forever just to list a bunch of bowl games. Jeez.
MV pony
All-American

Postby highlander » Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:05 pm

Webmaster wrote:My wife made the point that if the selection committee is going to downgrade FL State and SMU for losing our QBs, then they need to receive, in advance, a list of players who elect to sit out the bowl games and factor that into the selection process.

But the fact that you can get to 13-0 by playing the weakest schedule in the entire country and get a NY6 bowl invite discredits that entire selection committee.

What's even more irritating is the inconsistency: you elevate 1 team for going 13-0 BECAUSE they played the weakest schedule (literally), but you also punish another team for going 13-0 the HARD WAY, i.e., losing their best player and still finding a way to win. I thought sports was all about succeeding in the face of adversity.

And this does give a perverse incentive to play an easy non-conf schedule.

This decision is BAD for college football.
highlander
Varsity

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:09 pm

mtrout wrote:
Mustangs_Maroons wrote:Oregon will beat this time by 50 points if not more. I heard the non explanation. This boo corrigan just screwed the ACC. He had no explanation. I’m not surprised. These idiots should not be allowed in Dallas ever again. Persons non grata for life in the city and for SMU.

Still will easily win by 56+. What a joke the committee is.
Mustangs35SMU

Postby Mustangs_Maroons » Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:13 pm

mtrout wrote:

Makes the point webmaster made more relevant. If they punish us and FSU for not having our starting QB, then make sure to know who sits out. Just cancel all the bowls that are not the playoff games.

In reality, the loss to the toads cost us dearly. Their sub-500 record was a bad look.

It’s also interesting to see the big differences in the AP and coaches poll with regard to the non-p5 teams than this bunch of idiots in the committee. I miss the rankings from the AP and coaches poll. These bunch of losers in the committee barely had us ranked. If they value the P5 so much, then they reward the team with the weakest schedule in the FBS that didn’t play a single P5 game.

It’s gutting. Feel bad for the team, the fans, the university and the city.
Last edited by Mustangs_Maroons on Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mustangs_Maroons
Heisman

Postby highlander » Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:15 pm

We just need to make a statement in whatever bowl we go to.
highlander
Varsity

Postby PlanoStang » Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:18 pm

My theory is this is just committee practice for next year when top rated non P5 team makes the playoffs. They pick the weakest non P5 conference champion with the best record to cover it. That way there’s little threat to the P5 team they play.

Glad we’re outta that :!:
May the forth be with us.
PlanoStang
PonyFans.com Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Football