PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Fenway Bowl vs. Boston College

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Fenway Bowl vs. Boston College

Postby Charleston Pony » Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:12 pm

Water Pony wrote:In the end, the committee wasn't ready to keep the SEC out of the CFP and someone was going to scream. Can you imagine Greg Sankey, Paul Finebaum, and Nick Saban's reaction if Alabama wasn't selected. They and the entire SEC would have lost their collective minds. FSU was who was sacrificed.

The committee could have rewarded FSU for an undefeated season by selecting Bama over Texas and justified the "head to head" issue by proclaiming Bama is a much better team now after resolving their QB issue but...with Texas coming into the SEC next season, once again the SEC rules!
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Graceland Tar Heel » Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:16 pm

AfricanMustang wrote:
JasonB wrote:This is a great opportunity to go say thanks to the players, meet their parents, and build some great relationships with fellow alumni. Staying at the team hotel and taking part in the activities is what it is all about... the game is almost secondary. Although I have never been to Fenway, so that will be a great experience.

I'm interested to see how our defense and OL perform against an ACC team, especially the players who are returning. I can guarantee you that the players and coaching staff want to make a statement in this game that we are ready to complete next season.

And Bus, if the game is too cold, skip the game or go back to the hotel early :).

Get out there and celebrate with everyone! I'm sure our trophy will be there, and you will be able to have your picture taken with it. Have some fun!

The bigger question is which hotel... I'm leaning towards the Reinessance?

Absolutely, hopefully with a win that means that we shall be pre-ranked before next season and all we have to do is just keep winning next season, boom, we are in the CFP, right?:-)

Lashlee has to make certain his team does not underestimate BC. When they are on their game, they are a tough nut to crack. Hafley is doing a sound job there considering all the liabilities it carries. I didn't expect them to beat either GT or Syracuse. They will want to win in Boston against a ranked team.
Graceland Tar Heel
Junior Varsity

Postby highlander » Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:51 pm

AfricanMustang wrote:Absolutely, hopefully with a win that means that we shall be pre-ranked before next season and all we have to do is just keep winning next season, boom, we are in the CFP, right?:-)

There you go again using logic. Logic has no place in the NCAA.
highlander
Varsity

Postby highlander » Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:45 pm

But assuming the AP and the coaches adopt a modicum of logic...

The more I think about it, I think this Fenway game against BC is just as important as the Tulane game. If we win convincingly, we should begin next year ranked, which is uber-important when going into a new conference.
highlander
Varsity

Postby HubbaHubba » Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:34 pm

Beat the eagles! Would be nice to head into our first season in the ACC with at least the level of respect UTSA received joining the AAC.
HubbaHubba
All-American

Postby BUS » Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:54 pm

JasonB
I am guessing I will see you tonight at PonysportsDTX event?

I am bringing a drawing of Harry Shuford done a LONG time ago. A friend of mine gave it to me out of his father's estate. For research I hope to learn more about it.

Hope to see you.
Bus
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS

Postby orguy » Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:37 pm

highlander wrote:But assuming the AP and the coaches adopt a modicum of logic...

The more I think about it, I think this Fenway game against BC is just as important as the Tulane game. If we win convincingly, we should begin next year ranked, which is uber-important when going into a new conference.

This game is important. Rhett needs to keep this team motivated. Lets not have a Sun Bowl
repeat. Control what we can by winning at every opportunity.
orguy
All-American

Postby BUS » Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:56 pm

Control what you can... KNOCKTHEPUCKUIE out of bc.
FYI - it's a Hawaiian word.
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS

Postby mrydel » Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:17 pm

I have long been a believer that the numerous bowl games, with the exception of the playoffs and perhaps a couple of others, are just gifts to the team and coaches for a winning season. Wins and losses in the lower bowls just do not matter in the course of everyday life. However, this year for SMU it is different. First, we need to show we are a team that deserved more respect by the committee, and secondly, we are playing a future conference mate and we need to show we belong. I believe our team and coaches are well aware of this and I look forward to and expect a well played victory.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby panhandle_pony » Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:52 pm

What hotel for team and Pony fans?
panhandle_pony
All-American

Postby SMU#92 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:53 pm

panhandle_pony wrote:What hotel for team and Pony fans?

SMU sent an email today that said the SMU team hotels are The Boston Sheraton and the Renaissance Boston Waterfront. The Sheraton would be more convenient because it is close to the subway. The Renaissance does not have good Subway access anywhere near it. We're staying at Hotel Commonwealth. It's a great hotel about 3 blocks away from Fenway.
SMU#92
Scout Team

Postby panhandle_pony » Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:13 pm

Great info - Thx !
panhandle_pony
All-American

Postby JasonB » Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:47 am

I've heard that the team is actually staying at the Sheraton, so that is the one I have booked. Flying in on Tuesday evening and out on Friday. I want to attend any of the bowl events, and plus it is Boston, there is always something to go see.
JasonB

Postby bubba pony » Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:00 pm

Wife and I go to Boston every year. The Boston Sheraton is walking distance to Fenway.
The Renaissance Boston Waterfront is way overpriced and not near the action to Boston proper.
May I suggest Boston Marriott Long Wharf right in the heart of the Boston North End (The Italian section), freedom trail, Faneuil Hall. This is where the action is. No matter where you stay, try and go to Mike's Pastry (North End) for a real a cannoli.
At Boston Logan Airport you can take a shuttle bus to the subway station and the subway goes right to Marriott Long Wharf. There will be more things to do, see, eat, history here, than even over the Boston Sheraton.
bubba pony
Heisman

Postby geezerdonk » Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:13 pm

Play a joke schedule get a joke bowl against a joke opponent in a joke, date and time slot. Looking forward to seeing the team continue the long-standing tradition of not showing up and getting steamrolled by a far inferior team.
A long tradition of existence.
geezerdonk
Varsity

PreviousNext

Return to Football