PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Coming back

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Coming back

Postby PonyPride » Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:55 pm

Safety Jonathan McGill announced on Twitter that he's coming back for another year at SMU.
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Coming back

Postby birddogger » Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:59 pm

Awesome news! He's the glue of our secondary.
birddogger
All-American

Postby Charleston Pony » Fri Dec 08, 2023 5:44 pm

Great news! I had forgotten that several of our Seniors get that bonus year because of the Covid shortened seasons
Charleston Pony

Postby Blvd_Stang » Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:08 pm

Does anyone know if Kori Roberson and Elijah Roberts are eligible for another season with SMU?

We need some big bodies and serious depth on the DL going into ACC, and I am assuming Jordan Miller and Elijah Roberts are graduating and have used up all their eligibility.
2009 Ponyfans Rookie of the Year
Blvd_Stang
Heisman

Postby Charleston Pony » Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:24 pm

Blvd_Stang wrote:Does anyone know if Kori Roberson and Elijah Roberts are eligible for another season with SMU?

We need some big bodies and serious depth on the DL going into ACC, and I am assuming Jordan Miller and Elijah Roberts are graduating and have used up all their eligibility.

With the Covid bonus year I assume both Roberson and Roberts have another year if they want to come back and Roberson might have 2 more years since he took a RS year his 1st year at OU. Not sure about the latter
Charleston Pony

Postby Hoofprint » Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:12 am

I think they both have the choice. I haven't heard anything about Roberson's plans, and whether or not Roberts will be back depends on who you ask. Sure as hell hope No. 5 is back next year. We didn't see all of the games for all of the teams in the AAC, but I thought he was the best defensive player I saw all year, and he got absolutely jobbed in the all-conference voting this year. I'd love to see him come back with a massive chip on his shoulder as he builds his résumé for the NFL.
Hoofprint
All-American

Return to Football