PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Freeman

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Freeman

Postby GrapevineMustang » Sun Sep 09, 2001 12:37 am

JFree bailed out on a catch he should have made on the sideline when he saw the defender coming at him. But other than that, the only time the ball was near him was on that reverse. He's a dangerous runner when he has it in his hands, and Briggs, despite his hard work, is doing nothing. Put Freeman back there with Kincade.
GrapevineMustang
All-American

Re: Freeman

Postby BleedingRed+Blue » Sun Sep 09, 2001 6:36 pm

No kidding. Get the ball in Freeman's hands any way possible.

~ Have him return kicks.
~ Have a RB throw a halfback option pass to him.
~ Do more reverses.
~ Have him take a direct snap out of the backfield.
~ Do that play TCU pulled, where the entire offense goes one way, and instead of handing off to the running back, toss it to Freeman racing the other way.

Anything. We may need to break out more gimmick plays to get this offense moving. And as far as I'm concerned, we should sign 20 linemen this year.
BleedingRed+Blue
All-American

Re: Freeman

Postby ponytalk » Sun Sep 09, 2001 6:55 pm

run more reverses?????? ARE YOU KIDDING? You must not have seen or heard the La Tech game. We ran 6 reverses in the first half, one of which killed any momentum we had by causing a fumble turned into a touchdown for La. Tech.

I am ashamed of the play calling at SMU. Most teams run the reverse 6 times a year, if that, we ran it 6 times in the first half of the first game.

I am all for trick plays, mis-direction plays, or gimmicks, but don't beat them to death in the first game.
ponytalk
Varsity

Return to Football