PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Coach Brewer to Duke?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Coach Brewer to Duke?

Postby Dukie » Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:08 pm

Dukie
Heisman

Re: Coach Brewer to Duke?

Postby Charleston Pony » Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:53 am

This is to be expected. Success leads to opportunity and is just one more challenge any successful head coach faces, i.e., putting together a quality staff and building/maintaining team chemistry
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby giacfsp » Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:57 pm

This is the price of success. I got to meet Coach Brewer, and this opportunity could not happen to a nicer guy. Hope he does well at Duke ... and then comes back to SMU one day.

I'll be nervous until there's an official announcement that Coach Symons is coming back.
giacfsp
Heisman

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:50 am

giacfsp wrote:This is the price of success. I got to meet Coach Brewer, and this opportunity could not happen to a nicer guy. Hope he does well at Duke ... and then comes back to SMU one day.

I'll be nervous until there's an official announcement that Coach Symons is coming back.

Agreed. You know others will make a run at Symons!
Charleston Pony

Postby redpony » Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:36 am

we need to do all we can to keep our coaches. RL doesn't need to total rebuild of coaches this year. finding replacements is not going to be easy.
redpony

Postby Mustangs_Maroons » Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:27 pm

Agreed, we do need to do everything we can to keep the good coaches. According to the Athletic, Scott Symons was among 5 candidates considered for the Troy HC job. Thankful they announced today that they will hire the OC at Notre Dame, who seems overrated to me. But, the point is Scott is looking for HC positions and likely can be a candidate for DC positions at certain elite programs. Let's hope he stays at SMU.
Mustangs_Maroons
Heisman

Return to Football