PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Welcome to ACC

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Welcome to ACC

Postby ClemsonFan » Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:33 am

Hey SMU fans,

Clemson fan here with a belated welcome to the ACC! Im from Texas and excited about potential matchups in Dallas.

I think you will like it in the ACC. Whenever you get scheduled to play Clemson in Death Valley you should make that trip. It will be a lot of fun. Charlotte is also a great location for Championship games. Very fun city.

Ill be watching the bowl game today with interest. Should be a good indicator of how you will do in the ACC. Please stomp a mudhole in FSU for us when you eventually play! They are the worst. :)
ClemsonFan

Re: Welcome to ACC

Postby AusTxPony » Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:19 pm

Thanks. Hope we can make ourselves proud. Looking forward to the ACC next year.
AusTxPony
Hall of Famer

Postby Charleston Pony » Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:38 pm

My son & daughter are both Clemson grads and we are already talking about plans for SMU's visit to Death Valley in 2025. Looking forward to a little family rivalry
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ClemsonFan » Thu Dec 28, 2023 4:31 pm

@charlestonpony. That will be fun! You will have a great time.

Dont sleep on BC as an away game destination. I think the announcer said you have a game with them next year. I know today was a game in bad weather and not the most fun….

However BC has been one of the best away games i have attended. Boston is so fun and there are so many things to do. So many wonderful things to eat and a lot of history. And maybe deliver some payback for today :)
ClemsonFan

Postby Charleston Pony » Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:09 pm

ClemsonFan wrote:@charlestonpony. That will be fun! You will have a great time.

Dont sleep on BC as an away game destination. I think the announcer said you have a game with them next year. I know today was a game in bad weather and not the most fun….

However BC has been one of the best away games i have attended. Boston is so fun and there are so many things to do. So many wonderful things to eat and a lot of history. And maybe deliver some payback for today :)

My family roots are just south of Boston so I've spent a lot of time there and on the Cape but also lived in Durham for the four years of Laettner/Hurley Final Fours and SMU plays at Duke next year so that's on the road trip schedule along with Virginia where one of my regular golfing buddies went. Also have my SMU homecoming 50th and we might end up scheduling BC for that one.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby fan » Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:01 pm

ClemsonFan wrote:Hey SMU fans,

Clemson fan here with a belated welcome to the ACC! Im from Texas and excited about potential matchups in Dallas.

I think you will like it in the ACC. Whenever you get scheduled to play Clemson in Death Valley you should make that trip. It will be a lot of fun. Charlotte is also a great location for Championship games. Very fun city.

Ill be watching the bowl game today with interest. Should be a good indicator of how you will do in the ACC. Please stomp a mudhole in FSU for us when you eventually play! They are the worst. :)

Thanks and looking forward to seeing Death Valley in 2025! Or maybe meeting you guys in the CCG beforehand! Your comments about FSU are funny - we used to play in a conference with one team that seems very similar and happens to wear orange uniforms.
fan
Varsity

Postby orguy » Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:51 am

ClemsonFan wrote:Hey SMU fans,

Welcome to Pony Fans!

Hope to attend a game in Death Valley someday. Surreal we share a conference with Clemson.
I consider the Tigers a blue blood program. Ive been a bit of a closet fan since the 81 natty
team. Hope u are wrong about today! ouch! It better ne an abberation or next season is going
to be a long one.
orguy
All-American

Return to Football