PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Florida State Beat Down

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Florida State Beat Down

Postby ROCKNEPONY » Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:08 am

Every FBS team plays under the same portal with the same rules. If Florida State can't hold onto quality players who want to stick together and prove they deserved a playoff spot, then that's a bad me-first "team" culture.

What a surprise that FSU players absorbed the selfish me first attitude FSU has itself! If FSU teaches by its actions, that commitment and loyalty to one's team don't count, it's no wonder FSU student athletes learn from this example. FSU could stick with its team to build a winning future or minimally show good character and live up to its word but their actions show they don't care about honor, commitment or good character.

They are lucky Georgia had mercy and put in all backups. Still, FSU playing with much of its first string against Georgia's 2nd and 3rd string couldn't stop or score on Georgia. This also speaks volumes.
ROCKNEPONY
Scout Team

Re: Florida State Beat Down

Postby 1983 Cotton Bowl » Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:27 am

That game was brutal. I turned it off with a few minutes left in the 2nd quarter. I think FSU at full strength would have still lost to UGA, and maybe by a lot, but what they put on the field yesterday was pathetic.
1983 Cotton Bowl
Heisman

Postby Mustangs_Maroons » Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:21 pm

Georgia has more star players and I think only one meaningful player decided to opt out. Agreed that this is representative of the terrible culture at fsu, from top to bottom. Bunch of whiners and losers.

Alabama played last year in a NY6 bowl and two of their players that were later drafted top 3 or 5 in the NFL draft still played in that game. It’s the culture led by Saban, a team first culture.
Mustangs_Maroons
Heisman

Postby crazy horse » Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:43 pm

Its now permissible for any bowl team who felt snubbed by their invitation to blame a loss on said snub. FSU has set the precedent.

Based on their very public attack on SMU and the ACC, I was thrilled they were curb stomped. But within minutes their fans were making excuses on social media. Every team has injuries, coaching changes, portal players, weather challenges, but the very best teams find a way to win.

FSU had a chance to make a case for them to still be considered an undefeated team, and lay a claim to a championship. But they chose to pout instead.
"Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it."

New post Rhett Lashlee - College Football's Coach Of The Year
crazy horse
All-American

Postby Topper » Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:04 pm

Less than 10 minutes into their emergency board meeting the other day the FSU chairman was insulting SMU. So I'm as happy as anyone to see yesterday's results. Having said that, the Orange Bowl was just one example of how meaningless the bowls have become for the average football fan given the large number of kids who are now sitting out their last game.
Topper
Hall of Famer

Postby mtrout » Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:14 pm

FSU was looking for a safe space to pout but instead they got put on a field vs Georgia and lost by 60. lmao, I love it.
mtrout
Hall of Famer

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:56 pm

crazy horse wrote:Its now permissible for any bowl team who felt snubbed by their invitation to blame a loss on said snub. FSU has set the precedent.

We did our share pouting about not being invited to a NY6 game and it's probably a good thing because Oregon might have done to SMU what Georgia did to FSU
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby crazy horse » Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:09 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:
crazy horse wrote:Its now permissible for any bowl team who felt snubbed by their invitation to blame a loss on said snub. FSU has set the precedent.

We did our share pouting about not being invited to a NY6 game and it's probably a good thing because Oregon might have done to SMU what Georgia did to FSU

That was my concern as well, as we have a history of "pouting" in bowls that we felt were "beneath" us - Armed Forces, Boca, Frisco, Sun? - maybe others.

I've always believed that there was an ulterior motive behind the committee's consistently inconsistent decision to block FSU, but yet place LU in their game. They want to see the G5 rep obliterated. It fuels the narrative.

Could SMU beat Oregon at full strength? Maybe not. But I suspect we could keep it respectable. From watching a couple of Liberty games, and looking at the numbers - especially the difference in roster rankings, I just don't see how Liberty keeps it close. I will be the first to congratulate them if they keep it within 14.
"Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it."

New post Rhett Lashlee - College Football's Coach Of The Year
crazy horse
All-American

Postby Charleston Pony » Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:50 pm

I assume by now many of you have seen that DJ Uiagalelei is transferring from Oregon State to FSU so we might be facing him in Ford Stadium next year. Should be fun and I see that FSU is also playing at Clemson next year

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... an-travis/
Charleston Pony

Postby EastStang » Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:46 pm

Is the FSU QB going pro? I thought he was coming back.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Postby bubba pony » Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:24 am

nobody can sum it up like Mad Dog Russo

https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/39234722
bubba pony
Heisman

Postby Thumper » Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:57 pm

He and Screamin' A Smith are the same guy.
"If I shout the same thing over and over again, loud enough, people will think I'm an 'expert.'"
Thumper
Varsity

Postby mtrout » Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:22 pm

EastStang wrote:Is the FSU QB going pro? I thought he was coming back.

So making $1 million a year to play football at FSU isn’t being a pro?
mtrout
Hall of Famer

Return to Football