PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

FSU - NCAA Sanctions

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

FSU - NCAA Sanctions

Postby EastStang » Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:58 am

Apparently, FSU got sanctioned by the NCAA for NIL violations. Lost some visits, assistant coach suspended for 3 games, NIL collective suspended for 1 year, self-imposed. FSU fans are all twisted up that this is the worst penalty ever. SMU fans view. Hold my beer. But Norvell is a candidate for Alabama job, he might leave because he knows the team might not be 13-0 next year.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: FSU - NCAA Sanctions

Postby redpony » Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:45 am

we need to be very careful- the ncaa goons are probably watching us very closely.
redpony

Postby 1983 Cotton Bowl » Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:48 am

redpony wrote:we need to be very careful- the ncaa goons are probably watching us very closely.

I had the same thought.

But man, if there was ever a program, university, and fanbase that just needs to take a beat and calm down, its FSU. The last 45 days have been a whirlwind trainwreck both on and off the field. Its complete melt-down mode over there. Is FSU always like this?
1983 Cotton Bowl
Heisman

Postby PerunaPunch » Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:37 am

This whole situation is extremely interesting, and even more so in light of FSU's recent and very vocal criticism of the CFP.
"It's a couple hundred million dollars. I'm not losing sleep over it." -- David Miller
PerunaPunch
Hall of Famer

Postby BUS » Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:04 pm

As Mustang fans... PLEASE don't draw outside the lines. Obey the rules. We don't need to go beyond the rules to win. We are in Dallas, Texas with a well-heeled fan base and Jobs for all that complete their education. Even for those that don't.

Stillwater, Lubbock, Waco .... etc don't have the lifelong benefits that go with living in Dallas Let's do this right and win for YEARS to come.

PonysportsDTX i is where I donate. This is money above Mustang Club and sustentation.

Go Mustangs
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS

Postby PonyTales » Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:12 pm

In today's college sports landscape, even a 1-year suspension of NIL collective could be significant. Today's top recruits expect to be paid, and if this sets back FSU's class quality, that affects the roster in years ahead ... although not like it would have years ago, now that teams can recruit a new roster through the transfer portal.
PonyTales
Heisman

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:07 pm

They might have to go back to just being Free Shoes University
Charleston Pony

Return to Football