PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

LOCAL RIVALRY

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re:

Postby MeanGreenGem » Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:23 pm

Attendance at a UNT game probably wouldn't a problem with UNT's recent conference championships, etc
.........................................................................................................

Honestly, PlanoStang, I've never seen a SMU/UNT football game when both programs were in their up cycle and I've seen all of these games in the NCAA's modern era.

Now that would be interesting to watch when both football programs were winning. 8)
MeanGreenGem
Varsity

Re:

Postby PlanoStang » Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:10 pm

MeanGreenGem wrote:Attendance at a UNT game probably wouldn't a problem with UNT's recent conference championships, etc
.........................................................................................................

Honestly, PlanoStang, I've never seen a SMU/UNT football game when both programs were in their up cycle and I've seen all of these games in the NCAA's modern era.

Now that would be interesting to watch when both football programs were winning. 8)

Yup, either place would probably sell out. What was the attendance at your Baylor game last year?
PlanoStang
PonyFans.com Legend

Re:

Postby MeanGreenGem » Wed Mar 31, 2004 1:33 pm

PlanoStang wrote:
MeanGreenGem wrote:Attendance at a UNT game probably wouldn't a problem with UNT's recent conference championships, etc

Yup, either place would probably sell out. What was the attendance at your Baylor game last year?

Wish I could link a photo of that game that would show you a near sellout, ie, almost 30,500, the stadium's capacity.
MeanGreenGem
Varsity

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:35 pm

I went to a game in the super pit a couple of years ago, and it seems like there were less than 2,000 fans there. Not much interest in hoops I guess! SMU won by the way.
ALEX LIFESON
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re:

Postby MeanGreenGem » Thu Apr 01, 2004 4:00 pm

ALEX LIFESON wrote:I went to a game in the super pit a couple of years ago, and it seems like there were less than 2,000 fans there. Not much interest in hoops I guess! SMU won by the way.

Maybe because 2 schools not exactly headed to the NCAA's were playing a week night game?

I-35E for our Dallas alums on a weeknight who have to leave right after work to get to a 7PM tip-off at the Super Pit has become a bear of a drive.

Of course, having better BB teams would make it a much shorter drive for those who like basketball. We believe those are on the way with Johnny Jones as the coach.

Still, the largest crowd ever in the Super Pit for a BB game was an SMU/UNT game that drew right at 11,000 (to the chagrin of the Denton Fire Marshall). UNT won that evening BTW...
MeanGreenGem
Varsity

Previous

Return to Football