PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Kevin Jennings talks about spring workouts

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Kevin Jennings talks about spring workouts

Postby PonyPride » Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:32 am

The Mustang quarterback met the media to discuss the team's spring workouts, his evolution as a quarterback and leader, and his new position coach:

• Spring has been “pretty good. You know, we’ve got a lot of stuff we can work on, obviously. Working this spring, we’ve been taking large steps, getting better day by day.”

• Jennings’ personal goals for the spring include “Developing, but obviously a leadership goal, pushing my team, being the voice of the team since Preston (Stone) is out right now — he has been the voice, and (I’m) taking over that role right now.”

• “The experience came in the last couple … games — I started the last two games. Just carrying that over — trying to get better. It’s been better than it was last year.”

• On new quarterbacks coach D’Eriq King: “It’s really a lot … same player, he played in my situation. He played quarterback for Coach Lashlee a couple of years back, so he knows the offense, he knows how it feels to play quarterback, and all that. He’s really helping a lot, helping me develop.”

• On the SMU receivers: “We’ve got a lot of guys — we’ve got about six No. 1s. All of them could be No. 1s somewhere else. Just being able to trust them, putting the ball in their area, knowing they can make a play for me … it brings a lot of trust in me.”

• On steps taken to become more of a leader: “Really, being more vocal, because I’m not really a vocal guy. But being more vocal, leading the team … working hard (and) making the team follow my lead. (Coach King) is helping me, of course. Playing quarterback, you’ve got to be a leader — that’s what he did at Miami, Houston. He’s been a leader ... he’s kind of pushing that on me.”
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Kevin Jennings talks about spring workouts

Postby Charleston Pony » Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:59 am

Hopefully we will have QBs 1 & 1A this year with no drop off giving the coaching staff a lot of flexibility in how they call and approach games
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby orguy » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:47 pm

Really like this kid. However, unless he receives some serious time under center
this upcoming season its unlikely he hangs around.
orguy
All-American

Postby Ikus » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:30 pm

Man, I hope you're wrong. I would think if he was going to split, it would have been now, not after waiting another year.
Hope he stays, because dude has loads of talent.
Ikus
Heisman

Postby CBpony » Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:50 am

Hope stays as well. He has an NFL caliber arm and definitely has more arm strength than Stone. He can stretch the field
CBpony
Junior Varsity

Return to Football