PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Nm

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Nm

Postby indianmustang » Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:09 am

really poor judgements,RR had have everything for him
Mustang from India
indianmustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby BUS » Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:43 am

Sure, hope that these players are delt with, SMU does not want drugs or thugs as a reputation. (in this case really bad judgement)

OK, a mistake - A HUGE one. Now, what happens.

Back in the early 80's we won just about everything with good players. We were not perfect but good-hearted people. Then we reached and touched thugs and drugs - Stanley and what happened.

It is not worth it.
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS

Postby PerunaPunch » Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:35 am

It's too bad they weren't racing over here in East Dallas / Lake Highlands. You can drag race all night on Garland Rd. and nobody cares. Street racers run people over all the time in this part of town, including an old lady AND her dog recently, and all our City Council lady does is throw out some random speed bumps to [deleted] off everyone who has to drive over them on the way to/from work.

With regards to RR and TK... I don't know about you guys, but when I was in my 20s, I pretty much thought I was immortal. This is going to be a tough teaching moment. I don't know which is worse... having dope in the car or leaving a Chiefs playbook in the hands of DPD. Hopefully Jerry has copies made already. :lol: Anyway, I think the main thing is that no one was seriously hurt and that RR eventually manned up and took responsibility. I guessing if he makes it through this, RR and TK will be a much wiser men, and hopefully, can use this incident for good.

Maybe someday, they can have some influence on the street racer punks in East Dallas.
"It's a couple hundred million dollars. I'm not losing sleep over it." -- David Miller
PerunaPunch
Hall of Famer

Postby PK » Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:24 pm

SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK

Postby PonyME » Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:27 pm

PerunaPunch wrote:It's too bad they weren't racing over here in East Dallas / Lake Highlands. You can drag race all night on Garland Rd. and nobody cares. Street racers run people over all the time in this part of town, including an old lady AND her dog recently, and all our City Council lady does is throw out some random speed bumps to [deleted] off everyone who has to drive over them on the way to/from work.

With regards to RR and TK... I don't know about you guys, but when I was in my 20s, I pretty much thought I was immortal. This is going to be a tough teaching moment. I don't know which is worse... having dope in the car or leaving a Chiefs playbook in the hands of DPD. Hopefully Jerry has copies made already. :lol: Anyway, I think the main thing is that no one was seriously hurt and that RR eventually manned up and took responsibility. I guessing if he makes it through this, RR and TK will be a much wiser men, and hopefully, can use this incident for good.

Maybe someday, they can have some influence on the street racer punks in East Dallas.

Sorry, not buying the ‘boys will be boys’ jovial ‘teaching moment’ post about this situation. RR and TK ‘eventually’ came clean after they fled the scene and were caught red handed. The only difference between this situation and the Henry Ruggs situation is that these irresponsible punks (in the context that they are a threat to society) is that they were lucky that no one died in a fiery crash or they too would be headed for prison. And from what I know, RR is not a punk…which is the sad part of all of this because he’s known to be a good guy. And I do get it, these are ‘immortal’ young guys with NIL and NFL bucks burning in their pockets but innocent people with families easily could have died. A poster above correctly noted that this is not what SMU stands for but SMU should have cut Knox today.
PonyME
Scout Team

Postby Terry Webster » Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:34 pm

I would be willing to bet that RR will ending pleading down to probation and a huge fine. And the NFL will hit him with a pretty stiff 8 game penalty. Knox sadly won't be so lucky.
Terry Webster
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby PonyPride » Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:38 pm

Per ESPN.com, Knox has been suspended from the SMU team.
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride

Postby shadowman » Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:37 am

Terry Webster wrote:I would be willing to bet that RR will ending pleading down to probation and a huge fine. And the NFL will hit him with a pretty stiff 8 game penalty. Knox sadly won't be so lucky.

Plus, they are going to get hit with multiple HUGE civil lawsuits that could drastically affect their earnings for years to come, especially RR because of his ability to pay.

Lambos and Corvettes will be replaced with Hyundais and Kias. Will definitely be life changing, all because of poor judgement.
Probaly won't happen...BUT...maybe it will!!
shadowman
Hall of Famer

Postby Bergermeister » Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:22 am

Wonder how much that Super Bowl ring would bring. Afraid he is up Schitt Creek.
Bergermeister

Postby Charleston Pony » Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:56 am

If these guys have been counseled well since they 1st came into NIL money and driving vehicles of their own, they should have adequate liability insurance and Rashee better have umbrella coverage to protect his assets. Punitive damages should come into play in cases like these so this exposure could be hanging over these guys for years to come. They should be thankful if they avoid any prison time and hopefully learn a harsh lesson and become much more responsible/considerate people.
Charleston Pony

Postby MV pony » Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:01 pm

Terry Webster wrote:I would be willing to bet that RR will ending pleading down to probation and a huge fine. And the NFL will hit him with a pretty stiff 8 game penalty. Knox sadly won't be so lucky.

RR was driving 119 mph seconds before the crash per arrest warrant affidavit obtained by the DMN. Do you condone soft consequences for this type of behavior?
MV pony
All-American

Postby CA Mustang » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:12 pm

shadowman wrote:

Plus, they are going to get hit with multiple HUGE civil lawsuits that could drastically affect their earnings for years to come, especially RR because of his ability to pay.

Thankfully no one died, so the size of the claims will be manageable. As Rice's attorney, one of West's jobs will be to negotiate settlements with the injured parties before any trial.

Charleston Pony wrote:If these guys have been counseled well since they 1st came into NIL money and driving vehicles of their own, they should have adequate liability insurance and Rashee better have umbrella coverage to protect his assets. Punitive damages should come into play in cases like these so this exposure could be hanging over these guys for years to come.

Insurance doesn't cover intentional acts so any insurer will deny coverage due to the racing.
CA Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby mrydel » Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:19 pm

MV pony wrote:

RR was driving 119 mph seconds before the crash per arrest warrant affidavit obtained by the DMN. Do you condone soft consequences for this type of behavior?
As a good Christian pastor, I would believe Terry might stand on the side of forgiveness rather than harsh punishment. But that is just my opinion.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby Arkpony » Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:23 pm

The injured have a huge hammer on their side in money negotiations. RR either pays the enormous demand or they seek prison time for him. They will be ruthless. As far a Terry’s forgiveness, he wasn’t driving on of the victims cars. Gonna be interesting.
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony

Postby MV pony » Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:14 pm

mrydel wrote:
MV pony wrote:

As a good Christian pastor, I would believe Terry might stand on the side of forgiveness rather than harsh punishment. But that is just my opinion.

Forgiveness and punishment are two different things.
MV pony
All-American

PreviousNext

Return to Football