PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Season Ticket Record

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Season Ticket Record

Postby Webmaster » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:25 pm

On the heels of its first conference title since 1984 and set for its inaugural season in the ACC, SMU announced that it has already set a new season ticket sales record for Ford Stadium.

Season-ticket sales are up more than 50% compared to the end of the 2023, putting SMU on pace to more than double the amount of season tickets sold for the upcoming year.

"Our on-field success and move to the ACC have rallied the Dallas community around SMU and our ticket sales have shown that," Director of Athletics Rick Hart said. "We are excited about the future of SMU Athletics and the response of our fanbase shows just how excited they are as well."

To continue the momentum, SMU Athletics invites fans to become part of the Game Changer program, by selling football season tickets within your network. As SMU moves to the ACC, we need you to introduce SMU Football to your friends and colleagues. Signing up only takes one email. Once you sign up for the program, you will be paired with a Ticket Sales Executive. Your job is to use your network to provide leads to fill Ford Stadium this fall.

When your leads turn into sales, you'll earn exclusive SMU x ACC merch! Refer 20 new season ticket holders and we'll send you a custom SMU x ACC Mini Football Helmet, and for each ticket sold, you'll receive one entry into a drawing to win some SMU Sideline Gear (valued at $500). Any Mustang fan can refer to a friend and receive a special SMU x ACC gift.

Link to Game Changer Program
https://app.smumustangs.com/LP=78?utm_medium=email&elq_cid=5104&RSRC=Email&RDAT=1449&ehash=a761bf6c451308edfb6920ed2bf09d1ff0ffe901bd72813b8e7e0c009e384245&elqTrackId=D735AF2E617DED8F0103004CC5101C14&elq=d8d5224da5cd474ab6b35bb3a9c4e564&elqaid=1449&elqat=1&elqCampaignId=1286
"Rhett Lashlee not only has the top G5 transfer class, it’s one of the best classes in the country, period.”
–– Chris Vannini, The Athletic

Thanks for supporting PonyFans.com. If you have any problems or concerns, please e-mail us at webmaster@ponyfans.com
Webmaster
Heisman

Re: Season Ticket Record

Postby Bergermeister » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:23 pm

Pretty vague report. Got some NUMBERS?
Bergermeister
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Pony ^ » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:41 pm

when the price of 2 season tickets is less than the price of going to 1 game at blue blood programs, it's an easy decision. Helps that FSU is coming in as well. Can't wait
Pony ^

Postby BUS » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:46 pm

Glad things are better. Hope with some W's next year DALLAS comes to games.
The Boulevard will be Hoping this year.

The group I am in has plans to spend over 40 thousand dollars on tailgating. Party Time.

FYI - I will have my red, PonysportsDTX donation Drop Box at the corner of Bishop and Binkley again this year. Every little bit helps! You don't have to be a millionaire to help feed the herd.
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS

Postby Terry Webster » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:25 pm

Anyone have an idea when individual game ticket will be available? Planning on making the trip from Cincinnati for the byu game.
Terry Webster
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby orguy » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:48 pm

Excitement. Planning on Stanford and Nevada. Both close. The
Ponies need support out here. Hope we have good representation on
the road this upcoming season!

Sure demand in DFW is up for home games. FSU is probably a sellout.
orguy
All-American

Postby indianmustang » Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:59 am

Mustang from India
indianmustang

Postby crazy horse » Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:18 am

Is the expanded capacity of Ford some kind of school secret? I can't seem to locate that info anywhere. I remember it being reported years ago that the 32k could be expanded to 45K, so is that still correct, or did the number change based on the complex design?
"Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it."

New post Rhett Lashlee - College Football's Coach Of The Year
crazy horse
All-American

Postby PK » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:12 am

crazy horse wrote:Is the expanded capacity of Ford some kind of school secret? I can't seem to locate that info anywhere. I remember it being reported years ago that the 32k could be expanded to 45K, so is that still correct, or did the number change based on the complex design?

I believe the 45,000 was based upon two tiers of seating in the south end zone. That isn't going to happen, so my guess is we will be around 40,000 give or take. I would like to think there is a possibility in the future to construct a second level on the east side, but that is the only way we get more seats.
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK

Postby CA Mustang » Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:32 pm

orguy wrote:Excitement. Planning on Stanford and Nevada. Both close.

Having two road games within driving distance is great!
CA Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby 72mustang1 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:50 pm

111 miles to Stanford former employer and 91 miles to Reno
72mustang1
Scout Team

Postby stlpony » Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:42 pm

PK wrote:
crazy horse wrote:Is the expanded capacity of Ford some kind of school secret? I can't seem to locate that info anywhere. I remember it being reported years ago that the 32k could be expanded to 45K, so is that still correct, or did the number change based on the complex design?

I believe the 45,000 was based upon two tiers of seating in the south end zone. That isn't going to happen, so my guess is we will be around 40,000 give or take. I would like to think there is a possibility in the future to construct a second level on the east side, but that is the only way we get more seats.

My understanding is that the South End Zone added 1,200 additional seats. I expect capacity to be listed at 33,200.
stlpony
Scout Team

Postby PK » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:51 pm

stlpony wrote:
PK wrote:

My understanding is that the South End Zone added 1,200 additional seats. I expect capacity to be listed at 33,200.
Thanks. Are there more new suites and if so how many seats added? Part of 1200 stated?
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK

Postby crazy horse » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:21 pm

Thanks for the responses. I assumed the number would be less than the original 45k estimate. I just don't get the secrecy - unless they truly don't know a final count.

I was hoping it would get to at least 35k. Its a small increase, but it sounds solid. 40-45 would be better, but we have to prove we can consistently fill 30k+ in the ACC first.
"Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it."

New post Rhett Lashlee - College Football's Coach Of The Year
crazy horse
All-American

Postby stlpony » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:11 pm

I don't think it is a secret as I think I saw the 1,200 number from SMU. Also, you can go to the season ticket site and see each of the individual seats (which clearly shows there aren't many). By my count, there are 10 new suits.
Attachments
end zone seating.PNG
end zone seating.PNG (36.79 KiB) Viewed 356 times
stlpony
Scout Team

Next

Return to Football