PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

April Fool's

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

April Fool's

Postby ClassOf81 » Fri Apr 02, 2004 12:42 am

If you can just overlook the fact that I was watching The Best Damn Sports Show, Period .... they pulled a sensational April Fool's joke tonight on the great Eric Dickerson, who seems to have latched himself on as some kind of a co-host (I don't know if it's a permanent gig or not - I don't watch regularly, and it doesn't matter.) Anyway, they filmed a pre-show meeting in which they were discussing topics for the show, etc., and they said a story had come out about how a 51-yard run by Baltimore Ravens RB Jamal Lewis that had been called back because of a penalty had been reviewed by league officials, and that Lewis was given credit for the yards, making him (Lewis) the new holder of the NFL single-season rushing record. Dickerson was trying to be polite, but he was really upset, calling for the league to review all of his runs from his record-breaking season. They even got Lewis on the phone, which lent some validity to it all, except Lewis denied any knowledge of the change. Then they read Dickerson a "press release" from the league office announcing the statistical change and the fact that it made Lewis the record holder. Dickerson was really squirming, until someone popped in and said "April Fool's!"

Dickerson announced he'd "been punk'd."

Pretty damn funny.
ClassOf81
Heisman

Postby WildHorse » Fri Apr 02, 2004 4:25 pm

Pretty funny. I think that show is generally pretty stupid, but I kind of wish I'd seen that. Sounds like E.D. was a good sport about it.
Go PONIES!
WildHorse
All-American

Return to Football