PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Safeties

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Safeties

Postby Silk » Sat Apr 03, 2004 4:09 pm

I assume Alvin Nnabuife and Jamey Harper will be the starting safeties. But with Rico Harris moving to OLB, does this mean Wilton McCray will stay (and have a chance to play as a freshman) at safety?

Also, what's the status of Chris Godfrey's rehab from that knee injury? He's going to be even more important than he already was with Rico moving.

Anyone have a scouting report on Robert Gilmore? Will he be able to play at safety? I know he practiced there last year, but that was his first year at the position after being recruited as a CB. Is he in the mix?

Any Travis Hunt sightings this spring? I liked him on special teams last year, but I've heard nothing about him this spring. Anyone?
Silk
Varsity

Postby Mickey » Sat Apr 03, 2004 8:47 pm

Sturdivant and Fitzgerald are the 2nd team safties. Not sure which one is SS and FS. Believe Sturdivant is SS and Fitz is FS.
Mickey
All-American

Postby Mickey » Sun Apr 04, 2004 8:26 am

Godfrey being held out this spring. Gilmore is playing 3rd team S.
Mickey
All-American

Re:

Postby Buddha » Sun Apr 04, 2004 2:21 pm

Mickey wrote:Sturdivant and Fitzgerald are the 2nd team safties. Not sure which one is SS and FS. Believe Sturdivant is SS and Fitz is FS.

OK, what's going on with Fitzgerald? I peeked into a practice, and he was playing LB. But I've read a lot of posts here that say he's playing safety. Is he going to play both? Sounds like a lot to ask of a guy who was an RB last year (even though he came to SMU as a DB.) Anyone know the inside skinny on the situation?
Buddha
All-American

Postby Ponymon » Sun Apr 04, 2004 4:37 pm

By the way, where is Fitzgerald's brother going to school next year?
Ponymon
PonyFans.com Legend

Return to Football