PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

DMN - Letter to the editor

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Postby football crazy » Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:54 am

IT ONLY MAKES SENSE THAT WE SHOULD PLAY U.N.T.,HOW COULD IT BE ANY EASIER TO CUT COSTS. SAVE MONEY........YA'LL ARE FORGETTING THIS IS A MONEY ISSUE..CUT EXPENSES REMEMBER.....PLAY U.N.T.. BEAT THEM, SHUT THEM UP...AND SAVE MONEY.............WINNING COMBINATION........
football crazy

Postby Greenwich Pony » Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:02 pm

King-K, that strategy apparently worked for CU.

BUS seems like a nice guy and all, but I am beginning to think he'd prefer to see lots of big burly guys rather than ogle a mere slip of a girl. Then again, hot young ladies are pretty common around SMU's campus, big burly linemen are much rarer.
Support the Commitment! We're all SMU Mustangs fans- we should all be committed!
Greenwich Pony
Varsity

Re:

Postby PlanoStang » Thu Apr 08, 2004 7:44 pm

MeanGreenGem wrote:
abezontar wrote:to JayM and MeanGreen, I would be willing to bet that if you did a search of all the alumni of most schools, you would be able to find at least one person with the initials A.B. Thomas. Why don't the two of you check to see if this person is an alum of UNT, or are you afraid that it is possible that it isn't someone with a connection to SMU writing this letter. Until you two prove that he is connected with SMU I am going to follow in your footsteps and assume he went to where ever I want him to be from and say he is an alum of William and Mary and therefore a horse's [deleted].

Afraid? UNT'ers afraid of what the truth is as we still listen and read posts from some of your alums who hold on to Aesop's fairy tales sent from one SMU generation to the next concerning UNT in order for yall to create what I presume is some comfort/safe zone concerning that great evil empire from the north-------- NORTH TEXAS?

Yet the hypocrisy of this with UNT while you do not have problems scheduling schools (California Northridge for chrissakes?) you all knew nothing about when yall were in the SWC? Add your president's collegue over at La Tech to that long list. You know La Tech? The school that is not 45 minutes from University Park?

SO WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE, SMU? You are only fooling yourselves because few in the Metroplex believe anything SMU says about UNT anymore. Just ask a few of them who live outside University Park. Use teacher's college/commuter school with that group and they might ask you, "but have you seen all that construction going on at their Denton campus?" 'Are they doing all that for commuters?" Such a person might also suggests "someone has to stay in all those older dorms, newer dorms and the ones being built and usually campus residents fill that bill--not commuters.":)

One of our alums checked some internet re-locating source today and found that person who wrote the DMN letter to (in deed) be from Carrollton and was a gent in his mid 60's. I've checked an older "NTSU" alumnus directory and did not find his name in it.

I don't know any UNT alums at that age of life who would have such a passion to write a letter to the editor under a false pretense of being an SMU alum. If he would have been from UNT, most 60 plus year olds would tell you they were from UNT.

<>*<> What about the possibility that that person was actually from SMU (because in my heart of hearts, I really think he was)?!?!? :shock:

AND abezontar.....take it easy on BILL & MARY! :D

I checked an SMU directory that should have him listed, and he wasn't there.
PlanoStang
PonyFans.com Legend

Previous

Return to Football