PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Who would win

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Who would win

Postby MustangFan » Sun Sep 09, 2001 6:40 pm

between this team and Rossley's last team? The athletes on today's roster are tons more talented than those Cavan inherited from Rossley. But is there reason to believe Cavan's win total won't continue to drop this season? This is his fifth season, meaning EVERY player on the team was recruited by Cavan and his staff(s). The general rule is that a team is supposed to improve when a coach loads up a team with "his" players. Still waiting....
MustangFan
All-American

Re: Who would win

Postby MrMustang1965 » Tue Sep 11, 2001 12:51 am

If I were in Las Vegas, I'd go with Rossley's squad.

------------------
"Winning ain't everything...but it's a lot more fun than the alternative!"
MrMustang1965
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 11, 2001 11:00 am

Sorry to hate on your post but the players Cavan has now versus the one he inherited are not better. Remember those guys played in the SWC, which was a much better conferance than the WAC. And even though the last year with Rossley was with the WAC, it was a better conferance with the likes of BYU, Utah and Colorado State. Who would win between lets say Rossley's team his last year and this one, no question....Rossleys.

Postby saguarostang » Wed Sep 12, 2001 5:20 pm

Yes, please point out the overwhelmingly amount of better talent as opposed to what ol' Tom had his last days.
saguarostang
Junior Varsity

Postby randy w » Thu Sep 13, 2001 4:44 pm

"The athletes on today's roster are tons more talented than those Cavan inherited from Rossley. "

Are you kidding me? What talent has Cavan recruited? Some of the only talent that I know of TRANSFERED. The rossley players: 4 or so in the NFL.
No doubt that Rossley's players were better than the ones that Cavan has recruited
randy w

Return to Football