PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Alexander Webb

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Alexander Webb

Postby SMUguy » Fri Apr 09, 2004 1:02 am

I don't know anything about the guy, but do we need another scholarship QB? Obviously, if someone like Rhett Bomar wanted to transfer, you find room for him, but Webb's not of that caliber, is he? This would leave us with Phillips, Eckert, Romo, Nixon, Meeks and Webb on scholarship. Competition is great, but that's a ton of guys for just one position.
SMUguy
Heisman

Postby 50's PONY » Fri Apr 09, 2004 9:14 am

Just curious -- have you ever seen Webb play since you seem to know so much about his ability!
50's PONY
Heisman

Postby hpfan » Fri Apr 09, 2004 9:41 am

After watching the scrimege yesterday and seeing him play for so long I would campare him as Varsity VS JV in ability to run the spread. Webb is also very shifty and has run a 4.4 often, bottom line no bs. If SMU can get him the program will benefit, period..
hpfan
Junior Varsity

Re:

Postby PonyFan » Fri Apr 09, 2004 6:42 pm

50's PONY wrote:Just curious -- have you ever seen Webb play since you seem to know so much about his ability!

I think SMUguy prefaced his comment by saying he didn't know - he wasn't claiming to have seen him.

I have seen Webb play (a few years back, when he was at HP.) And he was a fine high school QB. How he's grown or developed since he went to Northwestern, I don't know. What I do know is that I really liked Chris Phillips from what I saw at the end of last season, and I like what I've heard about the JUCOs. In high school, Webb was a fine looking prospect. Since then .... who knows? I'd also like to know more about the injury that shelved him at Northwestern.

Or are we all getting excited over nothing? Do we even have reason to believe he's interested in SMU? There's been a lot of rhetoric about the guy, and I have yet to see anything suggesting he's heading to the Hilltop. If he does, I hope he's great. If he doesn't, I hope he remains healthy, wherever he ends up.
PonyFan
Heisman

Return to Football