PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Article on Chris Bordano

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Article on Chris Bordano

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 31, 2000 2:14 am

On of our loyal Ponyfans sent us a link to a good article on Chris Bordano. I posted it on the "In the News" section, but I wanted to be certain everyone saw it. Here is the link:
<A HREF="http://www.hearstnp.com/san_antonio/bea/news/stories/san/san59631.shtml" TARGET=_blank>http://www.hearstnp.com/san_antonio/bea/news/stories/san/san59631.shtml</A>

Re: Article on Chris Bordano

Postby D » Mon Jul 31, 2000 11:23 am

I didn't get to see the game last night, but heard that he played well and that he got some significant playing time. Anyone have any stats from the game or see anything while watching that is worth noting?
D
Varsity

Postby Horseshoe » Mon Jul 31, 2000 12:34 pm

I couldn't bring myself to watch much of that game - watching preseason football usually is about as fun as root canal surgery - but when I did watch, Bordano was relatively silent. I only remember seeing him on two plays. On one of them, Pittsburgh RB Amos Zeroue caught a short pass, bounced out to the sideline and raced into the end zone while Bordano got pinned in the middle of the field. On the other, Dallas DT Michael Myers failed to lock up any blockers, and TWO pittsburgh offensive linemen came through and ganged up on Bordano, wiping him out of the play.

I'd be interested to see some stats, to find out how many tackles, etc., he had.
Horseshoe
All-American

Postby HorsePower » Mon Jul 31, 2000 2:44 pm

I thought Bordano looked great last night. I don't know any of his numbers, but he sure looked better than Dat and Wortham. He's much bigger and stronger than Dat, and he hits harder than Wortham. Bordano deserves to start at MLB for the Cowboys for years.
HorsePower
Heisman

Return to Football