PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

C.D. Moss

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

C.D. Moss

Postby Rosebud » Sun Apr 18, 2004 2:57 pm

Why was he moved to RB? I drove to Dallas yesterday hoping to watch him chasing receivers, and he ends up running the ball -- and running it pretty well. Anyone know why he was moved? Aren't there a bunch of RBs coming in next year? I thought SMU was deeper at RB than CB, and that he'd stay on defense.
Then again, he played offense in high school, too, and he can really run.
Rosebud
Recruit

Postby gostangs » Sun Apr 18, 2004 3:37 pm

I think in the last practice and this one he looks very promising at RB. I think we are deeper at CB actually.
gostangs
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Camel » Sun Apr 18, 2004 3:47 pm

Deeper at CB than RB? I don't know, I reacted like Rosebud. You figure Munlin's going to be the starter, although Massey and Dorsey probably will play. Then you throw the freshmen (Henderson, McKinney, Martin) in there. That's 6. Don't forget FB Derron Brown - that's 7.

Granted, not all the freshmen will play. They might all get redshirted. But that's a lot of guys.

The CBs will be Akinyemi and Humphrey as starters, and backups will include Barnett, Chase Hargis, and the freshmen: Jonathan Lindley, David Henderson, Cortley Blackmon, etc.

And they have to man two positions. I see greater depth at RB, but that's just an opinion, of course.
Camel
Recruit

Return to Football