PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Lucky DeLay and Jonas Rutledge

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Lucky DeLay and Jonas Rutledge

Postby Sasser Rules » Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:37 pm

Those are great stories on the home page about DeLay and Jonas. Keep up the great work!
Best of luck to Jonas in the Draft this weekend.
Sasser Rules
Varsity

Postby ClassOf81 » Thu Apr 22, 2004 7:45 am

Really good stories - I'm glad to hear Lucky's doing so much better. I had a friend tear up his Achilles tendon and it took a long time before he fully recovered, and he's not even an athlete. That Lucky is even playing is a tribute to Cash Birdwell and the rest of the training staff.

Hope Parcells drafts Jonas, so we can have two Ponies (Rutledge and Donald Mitchell) playing in Dallas!
ClassOf81
Heisman

Postby Big Easy Pony » Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:33 pm

I've never seen the DeLay guy play (obviously), but that's a terrific story about him. It sounds like he's worked extremely hard to come back from his injury. The best part about the story was when Coach Sawyer compared him to Allan Adami. If he reaches Adami's level, he's going to be a stud. I generally hate it when a young player is referred to as "the next so-and-so," but if he's got to be compared to someone, Adami's not a bad guy to emulate.

And I've loved watching Rutledge play over the last few years. I hope he lands with an NFL team that gives him a shot to show his talents!
Big Easy Pony
Varsity

Postby HorsePower » Fri Apr 23, 2004 2:32 pm

Terrific work, fellas.
If y'all haven't read the stories on these fine Mustangs, you should.
Good luck to both Lucky and Jonas.
HorsePower
Heisman

Return to Football