PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Cunningham, Harris, Kincade and Rutledge Go Pro

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Cunningham, Harris, Kincade and Rutledge Go Pro

Postby Webmaster » Mon Apr 26, 2004 4:08 pm

From SMU Media Relations:

Three Mustangs Ink NFL Deals
Harris, Kincade & Rutledge Sign Contracts

For Immediate Release
Monday, April 26, 2004
DALLAS (SMU) - Three SMU football players have signed free-agent contracts with NFL squads it was announced today.

Keylon Kincade, one of SMU’s all-time top rushers, signed a deal with the New York Giants, while star cornerback Jonas Rutledge inked with the Tennessee Titans. Sterling Harris, an anchor on SMU’s offensive line for three years, rounded out the trio by signing with the Cleveland Browns.

Four players from SMU’s 2003 roster now have signed professional contracts, as Chris Cunningham will head north of the border to play for the Toronto Argonauts of the Canadian Football League later this year.
"Rhett Lashlee not only has the top G5 transfer class, it’s one of the best classes in the country, period.”
–– Chris Vannini, The Athletic

Thanks for supporting PonyFans.com. If you have any problems or concerns, please e-mail us at webmaster@ponyfans.com
Webmaster
Heisman

Postby In Tate We Trust » Mon Apr 26, 2004 8:57 pm

That is fantastic!
Kudos to all - and best of luck.
I haven't really looked at the rosters yet, but I do know that Cleveland's offensive line is .... bad. Maybe Sterling has a chance?
Good luck!
In Tate We Trust
Scout Team

Postby MrMustang1965 » Mon Apr 26, 2004 10:16 pm

Let's see: four players still sign free-agent contracts from an 0-12 team? Obviously, SMU still gets the attention of the pro scouts somewhere along the line! FYI: No one got recruited/drafted/signed from Army!
MrMustang1965
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby DickerJames » Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:15 am

I'm trying to figure out if your Army correlation should be a source of pride or an indictment of our coaching staff.
DickerJames
All-American

Postby mrydel » Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:52 am

I think the Army players have been "drafted" to play Iraq.
mrydel
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Football