PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

WR survey

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

WR survey

Postby HorsePower » Mon Jul 31, 2000 2:37 pm

No disrespect intended, but how does Mick Rossley get rated as the second-best receiver in SMU history? He was a nice player, but I thought he benefited from a system that included a million passes in every game plan .... so someone had to catch them. Mick had great hands and was very adept at finding a seam in the defense to get himself open, but to suggest he was better than Jason Wolf, Raymond Berry, Ron Morris or Emanuel Tolbert is insane. Mick was a great player when he was here, but let's not tout him as one of the all-time greats.
HorsePower
Heisman

Re: WR survey

Postby SMUPonyFan » Tue Aug 01, 2000 1:21 am

I know I did not vote for him, he sure has gotten a hellofalotta votes though.

------------------
Go Red, Go Blue, Go Mustangs, S M U
Go Red, Go Blue, Go Mustangs, S M U
SMUPonyFan
Varsity

Re: WR survey

Postby Grider » Tue Aug 01, 2000 10:26 am

Maybe Mick got himself a computer!!!!
Seriously though, I think it has a lot to do, regrettably, with the fact that some folks don't realize the storied past our Mustangs have had, but only know what they've seen while they were at SMU. I agree Mick is one of the best I've seen play for the ponies, but I don't think he's the best ever.
I could be way off base. I mean you never can put alot of weight in these kind of polls. They're still fun. Keep em comin webmaster.
... _ _ .._
Grider
All-American

Return to Football