PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU #1

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

SMU #1

Postby PonyPower » Mon Sep 10, 2001 8:56 pm

I know this is the football message board, but I need to make sure everyone knows that the SMU men's soccer team -- which is RANKED NO. 1 IN THE NATION -- is hosting a pair of HUGE games this weekend. At 7:30 Friday, SMU hosts #4 St. Louis, which is like TCU - the team we love to hate, a long-time rival that will fight tooth and nail. Then at 7:30 Saturday, we play #3 Stanford, another nationally-ranked team that SMU beat on its home field last year to advance to the Final Four. This is a great tournament, and your first chance this year to see the best soccer team in the country. Come out, PonyFans, and join me at these games. The Ponies are great, Coach Hyndman has annually put together nationally ranked teams and they deserve ALL of our support. Cheer the Ponies to two big wins this weekend - I'll be there, screaming myself hoarse (or is that horse?)
PonyPower
All-American

Re: SMU #1

Postby MrMustang1965 » Tue Sep 11, 2001 12:07 am

Although I'm not a soccer fan, I say "Good luck to the SMU soccer team!" Support for ALL the Mustang athletic programs is vital!

By the way, does Coach Hyndman know anything about AMERICAN FOOTBALL?

------------------
"Winning ain't everything...but it's a lot more fun than the alternative!"
MrMustang1965
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Tue Sep 11, 2001 8:38 am

Take it from me. I attended my 1st EVER soccer match when the Ponies traveled to S.C. this past weekend. Not much of a soccer fan, and to be honest...I expected to be bored (felt I had to support SMU playing in my hometown). I came away very impressed and must say it wass very entertaining. Get out to see these guys and bring as many friends as you can. Make an event of it. You'll be glad you did!
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PonyPower » Tue Sep 11, 2001 10:41 pm

Due to the heartbreaking tragedy today in Washington and New York, the tournament has been cancelled, because travel would be a nightmare for the teams. Hopefully we'll get a chance to play them later on - in the College Cup.
PonyPower
All-American

Return to Football