PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Owl Help

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Owl Help

Postby ponydawg » Thu May 06, 2004 11:58 am

I for one really like playing Rice and think it would be terrible if they dropped down. My best friends dad is very involved with Rice Athletics....travels with the team to all the games, has dinner with the AD, ect.
Anyway, he may die if Rice loses or drops down......and I don't like funerals, so I thought I would post the email that my friend sent me concerning this and if you want to help great.....if not I guess I will get my black suit ready.

"What's up Fellas - I hope everyone's doing well.

A plea for help on behalf of the Fightin Rice Owls [and my dad]. I'm sure you've heard the talk that Rice is considering dropping football. Thanks to Mean Gene and their band of merry men called 'Friends of Rice Athletics,' this is most likely not going to happen. According to one board member, the anti-athletic movement has been stopped dead in its tracks (one trustee received over 1,000 emails in a three day period).

BUT, the board is making its final decision in late May. Because of the uprising, they've made it a public decision and are seeking feedback. If you have a spare 2 minutes, will you give us a hand? We want to silence this anti-football talk forever. If anything, by doing so and keeping Rice football at the forefront, you'll ensure that my dad lives out his life a happy man.

The link is below. While they are looking for specific comments on the McKinsey report, a simple statement will suffice. A sample is below:

"I went to [UT, SMU, OU, etc], but have followed and supported Rice athletics for many years, particularly [football, baseball, basketball]. Demoting the program from Division 1-A status would be a major loss for the University, the city of Houston and the State of Texas. Athletes offer diversity to the Rice campus in the same way they do at my undergraduate institution. If anything, more support and resources should be directed towards Rice athletics."

http://professor.rice.edu/Forms.asp?MOD ... TypeID=-33

http://professor.rice.edu/professor/Ath ... Report.asp

If you're busy, its not that big of a deal. But if you have a spare moment, another positive voice will go a long way. This is your chance to be heard on a worldwide pivotal issue - this is what we were trained for. The time is now. Go Owls."
ponydawg
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Water Pony » Thu May 06, 2004 12:40 pm

Thanks for the post and comments. I have already submitted my encouragement.

:D
Pony Up
Water Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Football