PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

It is time for a change...ASAP

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

It is time for a change...ASAP

Postby stangaholic » Thu Sep 13, 2001 5:08 pm

I love SMU football, but after the TCU game I was embarrased to be an SMU fan. And make no mistake about it...I don't think that it is that players fault...I don't think that it is that fans fault...I think that the reason SMU has performed so pooly is Mike Cavan and the SMU Athletic department. It is time that SMU gets a new head football coach. Cavan has had 5 1/2 years to turn the program around and year-after-year he manages to [deleted] it all away. Leave all personal feelings out of it...Cavan is resposible for the football team's down hill spiral. FIRE CAVAN NOW! MAKE SOMEONE ACCOUNTABLE FOR THE LACK OF SUCCESS.
I know that there are many fine assistant coaches on the SMU coaching staff but a change in head coach must be made! Make Eric Schuman the head coach. Send a message that SMU and SMU's supporters will no longer put up with this continued failure!
Does Copeland have the balls to fire his friend? Well if he doesn't....fire him too.
stangaholic

Return to Football