PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Prediction for NCState game

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Prediction for NCState game

Postby HorsePower » Wed Sep 19, 2001 8:09 pm

~ Pre-game ceremony at Ford Stadium will be emotional and heartfelt. BE THERE EARLY for it, and stay until the end of the game.

~ SMU will lose the todd, but will return the opening kickoff for a touchdown.

~ Kelan Luker will show a new-found sense of timing with his receivers, and will throw for over 300 yards, 1 interception and two touchdowns.

~ NCState RB Ray Robinson will have visions of Vic Viloria in his head for the rest of the year. 55 and the defense will hold Robinson to 39 yards rushing, and he'll fumble twice (one of which WE will return for a score.)

~ NCState QB Philip Rivers will throw for 300+ yards again, and three touchdowns, despite the goofiest throwing motion in the nation.

~ SMU will win on a 54-yard field goal by freshman Chris McMurtray.

SMU 34
N.C. State 31
HorsePower
Heisman

Re: Prediction for NCState game

Postby Joyous » Wed Sep 19, 2001 10:23 pm

I like your thinking. I pray you are correct.
Joyous
Varsity

Postby MustangMom » Thu Sep 20, 2001 1:02 am

Go Mustangs. I would love to see the game happen just like this! I will be there in red and blue, cheering my head off for the Mustangs.

------------------
Go Mustangs!!
-MustangMom

[This message has been edited by MustangMom (edited 09-19-2001).]
Go Mustangs!!<BR>-MustangMom
MustangMom
Junior Varsity

Postby ponystudent » Thu Sep 20, 2001 11:50 am

Horsepower-
Can you pass those rose colored glasses this way.
Go Ponies!
ponystudent
Junior Varsity

Postby ncst rabid wolf » Fri Sep 21, 2001 10:53 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
~ Pre-game ceremony at Ford Stadium will be emotional and heartfelt. BE THERE EARLY for it, and stay until the end of the game.
~ SMU will lose the todd, but will return the opening kickoff for a touchdown.

~ Kelan Luker will show a new-found sense of timing with his receivers, and will throw for over 300 yards, 1 interception and two touchdowns.

~ NCState RB Ray Robinson will have visions of Vic Viloria in his head for the rest of the year. 55 and the defense will hold Robinson to 39 yards rushing, and he'll fumble twice (one of which WE will return for a score.)

~ NCState QB Philip Rivers will throw for 300+ yards again, and three touchdowns, despite the goofiest throwing motion in the nation.

~ SMU will win on a 54-yard field goal by freshman Chris McMurtray.

SMU 34
N.C. State 31
</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Horsepower,
you sound like a unc fan. Image our D won't give up 300 yds until we face ga tech. our D is actually improved over last year thanks to our new D line. Rivers does have a funky throwing motion, but it is highly effective. optimism is good though.

[This message has been edited by ncst rabid wolf (edited 09-21-2001).]
<BR>----------------------<BR>Go Wolfpack!
ncst rabid wolf

Postby HorsePower » Sat Sep 22, 2001 11:27 pm

Actually, your defense DID give up 300+ yards -- 316 to be exact -- but that's through no fault of the NCState D. We just had our best offensive game in eons. Congrats to you on winning a game when Rivers wasn't at his best, and fighting an inspired SMU team. Best of luck the rest of the way. The Pack showed character and class in its victory tonight.
HorsePower
Heisman

Postby ncst rabid wolf » Fri Sep 28, 2001 11:45 am

Horsepower and others,

i meant to reply sooner than now, but just didn't get around to it. Congrats on the showing last week! A far cry from what I expected. your running game was fantastic with the counters and misdirections that kept us off balance. I was truly disappointed in our showing but the ponies showed a lot of heart and talent. I think the year could turn out to be a good one for you if y'all play at that level the rest of the year.

I pull for you guys when you play, always liked you since the days of the pony express. good luck the rest of the year!
<BR>----------------------<BR>Go Wolfpack!
ncst rabid wolf

Return to Football