PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Jonas Rutledge Rules

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Jonas Rutledge Rules

Postby GrapevineMustang » Sun Sep 23, 2001 2:08 am

So THAT's what they mean when they talk about the great athletes from Florida. The guy was amazing tonight. He was everywhere. Haven't seen a kick return like that at SMU in 15 or 20 years, at least. He is coming into his own, and then some. He and KG will be the best pair of corners in the league by the end of the season, and definitely next year. I think he's going to be a star. He may not quite have KG's speed, but it's close.

Prediction: they'll both get drafted when they're done playing for the Ponies.
GrapevineMustang
All-American

Re: Jonas Rutledge Rules

Postby Hoofprint » Sun Sep 23, 2001 2:36 am

Jonas was incredible.
Keep up that Florida recruiting!
Hoofprint
All-American

Postby Corso » Sun Sep 23, 2001 4:01 pm

No kidding. Jonas was incredible. And while we're at it, a little credit to Leroy Price. That diving play he made late in the game, tipping away a would-be touchdown pass, was incredible. He hung up in the air forever, and if he was an inch shorter, N.C. STate scores on that play. Price quietly had a great game.
Corso
Hall of Famer

Postby PerunaPunch » Mon Sep 24, 2001 11:18 am

Concur. I was talking to some friends at the game, and we agreed that Rutledge's return may have been the most electrifying return through heavy traffic, well... maybe ever.
"It's a couple hundred million dollars. I'm not losing sleep over it." -- David Miller
PerunaPunch
Hall of Famer

Return to Football