PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Marketing

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Marketing

Postby PonyPower » Mon Sep 24, 2001 11:53 am

OK, tell me I have no life, but I actually stayed up last night (or this morning)_ and watched the replay of Saturday's game. Throughout the broadcast, they repeatedly ran a commercial for SMU, something about what a great university we have, "Success Starts Here," etc. What struck me was that all of the athletic highlights featured athletes who longer are in school - DOnte Womack in football, and DeWayne Floyd and Stephen Woods in hoops.

Time for an updated commercial, don't you think?
PonyPower
All-American

Re: Marketing

Postby SMUFinns » Wed Sep 26, 2001 1:23 pm

You must be a true Mustang Fan.
Please call me 972-583-2344
Power Mustangs "Now is the Time" They will believe in #PonyUp
SMUFinns
Junior Varsity

Re: Marketing

Postby No Cal Pony » Wed Sep 26, 2001 2:51 pm

Not unusual for SMU. Semms that they are always a bit behind in keeping up with their advertising and marketing efforts. Somehow that also is a reflection of the lame approach the administration has regarding our athletics. We as alumni and students know SMU is a fine academic institution. Plenty of opportunity at SMU should a student want. But they should take the athletics a bit more serious. I sat in the "recruiting section" for the tcu game. The kids around me made some scathing remarks about the team and school as the game unfolded (and unraveled.) It stung me badly. We have a world class school and need to present that to all media markets/outlets. I listened to the ncsu game on the internet while we had the uva/clemson game on tv. When they cut to show the SMU game, even my wife remarked how good our uniforms looked on the tv. Now if only the administration and faculty would allow us to get a team that looks as good as the uniform...

Go Ponies!
No Cal Pony
Varsity

Return to Football