PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Funny NCS forum comment

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Funny NCS forum comment

Postby graypony » Mon Sep 24, 2001 1:52 pm

UNC & NCS play each other this weekend so the fun has already begun on their respective fan forums. A UNC fan wrote on the NCS board that it looked like NCS dodged a bullet last Saturday. A NCS fan replied Bullet? It was more like a morter shell. I predict a big victory to break the Warriors' 2 game winning streak in two weeks.
graypony
Junior Varsity

Re: Funny NCS forum comment

Postby No Quarter » Mon Sep 24, 2001 6:52 pm

Status report on J.D.s leg requested.
No Quarter
Heisman

Postby graypony » Mon Sep 24, 2001 7:04 pm

Healing well, but very depressing to say we found out today, probably our for the year. We had hoped that he would be back by UTEP, but it was just a bad break, in more ways than one. Very discouraging, but he'll make it. He still has 2 years of eligibility left and we just thankful that one of us is not one of those poor souls in NYC holding up a picture of one of my missing family members.

[This message has been edited by graypony (edited 09-24-2001).]
graypony
Junior Varsity

Postby PK » Mon Sep 24, 2001 7:55 pm

My apologies graypony for my earlier post...I should have remembered that you're J.D.'s dad and not Billy's. Also sorry to hear that it's not looking good for his return this year. He has had the worst luck with injuries I've seen for one of our players. Hope everything heals well and soon.

[This message has been edited by PK (edited 09-24-2001).]
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby graypony » Mon Sep 24, 2001 10:35 pm

Thanks, PK. He'll be back. Maybe he can get a 6th year like Flannigan. He, and his teammates, were encouraged by their performance last Saturday. I think that they realize football can really become fun again if they can start something special at SMU. One of these days that is going to happen to this FB program and when it does, we will be wishing Saturday was here by noon on Tuesday.
graypony
Junior Varsity

Postby 91Stang » Tue Sep 25, 2001 1:19 pm

Don't I remember correctly that Trey Bandy was denied a 6th year when he petitioned for it?
HOCKEY'S BACK!
91Stang
Varsity

Postby PK » Tue Sep 25, 2001 2:06 pm

91stang: You are correct. I'm not sure what all of the specifics were with Trey's case. Flanigan was taken out on, almost if not, the very first play of the season and we were able to get him a sixth year. J.D. did not even make it to a game this year, so there is hope that he would qualify for another year of eligibility for medical reasons.
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 25, 2001 2:30 pm

Trey did not step on the field either, as he was injured during two-a-days. I wish JD the best of luck in getting that sixth year, although it will be an uphill battle.

Return to Football