PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU is currently #44 on rivals 2016 recruiting ranks

Discuss SMU recruiting in this forum.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: SMU is currently #44 on rivals 2016 recruiting ranks

Postby StallionsModelT » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:43 am

Lebanese4Life wrote:depends on if u want a dual-threat or a pro-style QB

Considering Chad Morris has had unbelievable success with mobile QB's like Tahj Boyd and DeShaun Watson I'd say yes to the mobile QB in this offense.
Back off Warchild seriously.
StallionsModelT
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Lebanese4Life » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:45 am

i'm going back to Pony Boss's comment saying that we got the best QB in the AAC. it's all subjective depending on what type of QB you're looking for.
Lebanese4Life
Hall of Famer

Postby gostangs » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:18 am

I think you will see exclusively dual threats on the field for as long as chad is here.
gostangs

Postby blackoutpony » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:41 pm

Lebanese4Life wrote:i'm going back to Pony Boss's comment saying that we got the best QB in the AAC. it's all subjective depending on what type of QB you're looking for.

You realize Moore hasn't even started a high school varsity game yet (transfer rules) and he already has all those offers and is that highly thought of, right? Do you realize how ridiculous that is? He's special. He's so special, that Morris and co went outside of Texas to get him and TURNED DOWN a Texas kid for him. And not just a Texas kid, but a Dallas kid whose high school is 30 minutes from SMU.

Pretty sure that if a self proclaimed Texas High School Coach at his core is willing to do that, it would only be for what he thinks is a program changer. Last time I checked, he get's paid over $2 Million a year to make that call, as opposed to someone who won't fork over what amounts to two [deleted] beers a month, to educate themselves on what is actually going on in recruiting.

And side note to one of your posts, Colorado State is not a P5 school. They play in the mountain west. Being wrong about something as simple as that doesn't usually help your other inaccurate arguments.
BOP - Providing insensitivity training for a politically correct world since 1989.
blackoutpony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ponyboy » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:21 pm

Lebanese4Life wrote:depends on if u want a dual-threat or a pro-style QB

Fit is enormously important. We got the guy who's a better fit, though we could have had either one. And at least Scout's got Moore higher ranked than Sells. And Moore has more offers. Not sure what else you want. You seem to be so "objective" you're not allowing a clear SMU win to be a win.
ponyboy

Postby vielsiehorsepower » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:46 pm

gostangs wrote:I think you will see exclusively dual threats on the field for as long as chad is here.

Hicks
vielsiehorsepower
All-American

Postby jpe747 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:28 am

Blackoutpony, we agree 100% on this one. I would add, both the number of stars and the number of offers are indicators. But they are more important to the fans then to the coaches. Coaches are looking at how a player will fit into their program and how they will mature. Obviously a player with four stars should be better than a two star. A player with 10 offers should be better than one with two offers. But, it goes without saying that speed, agility, strength, height and other tools are all factors that help a coach make offers to players. Obviously, Coach Morris thought Moore had the better tools and a better fit for what he wanted to see on the field. Now that choice needs to pay off by bringing wins.
jpe747
Heisman

Postby PonySnob » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:53 am

Wonder which QB the "QB Guru" would think is the better QB?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby Pony Boss » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:32 am

PonySnob wrote:Wonder which QB the "QB Guru" would think is the better QB?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Neal Burcham.
Pony Boss
Hall of Famer

Postby Stallion » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:28 am

Brain Type! People
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby PonyKai » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:41 am

False premise to start from. First, we need to know who sent in their videotapes, and which of his friends recommended the kid to him. Only then can he choose.
PonyKai

Postby ponyinNC » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:28 am

I'd take steven kaiser in the 2nd round!!
ponyinNC
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby vielsiehorsepower » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:04 pm

Stlhockeyguy02 wrote:

False premise to start from. First, we need to know who sent in their videotapes, and which of his friends recommended the kid to him. Only then can he choose.

And even then that's still pending approval from the WDNWHA committee. There's a lot to be considered in recruiting these days...is he going to be able to see the projector? If they are a dt would they be interested in playing running back? If a qb can they throw exclusively the curl flat? And last but not least, how much is Patterson going to help out smu with developing said player?

Lots to consider.
vielsiehorsepower
All-American

Postby Tx_Mustang10 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:26 pm

I don't claim to be an expert on recruiting, but this class looks exciting, especially with the feeling that this is the beginning and we are only going up from here. [Cue Ronald Reagan's "It's Morning in America" commercial]. As for D. Moore, all I needed to see was his film: the kid is fire. If he ends the '15 season ranked where he is now, the 2015 qb class is absolutely stacked.

But as for Lebanon, don't silence critics too harshly or too often. If they ever end up being correct, they have more right to speak loudly and bring it to everyone's attention.. Hopefully before you have to see the Mean Green slaughter your beloved Mustangs...
Tx_Mustang10
Junior Varsity

Postby PonySnob » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:54 pm

ponyinNC wrote:I'd take steven kaiser in the 2nd round!!

Thought he was "first round"?
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting