PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU is currently #44 on rivals 2016 recruiting ranks

Discuss SMU recruiting in this forum.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: SMU is currently #44 on rivals 2016 recruiting ranks

Postby footballdad » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:36 am

CoxMustangFan wrote:You and your son had a choice. I agree there's a physical cost to being a player. Great guys like Dubs have intelligently discussed it over the years.

Point is there are hundreds (perhaps thousands) of kids that would kill for your son's spot, and it's not likely one of them would have a dad constantly on message boards talking crap on the school or the handful of die hard fans...the ones paying for said son's college education. You're worse that Bickle.

No, the point was, guys like you and SMT say 'free' and I say 'earned'. (Probably because he's young and from East Texas)

Extra work & risk in exchange for an education. An exchange of value agreed upon by both parties. Stop using the word 'free' and we have no problem.

Everyone have a fantastic weekend! Go Ponies!
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby StallionsModelT » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:12 am

Please elaborate. What does being from East Texas have to do with anything?

And yes. The coaches know what's posted here. You're well known;)
Back off Warchild seriously.
StallionsModelT
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Grant Carter » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:18 am

How do they know who his kid is?
Grant Carter
Hall of Famer

Postby StallionsModelT » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:25 am

They just know what's posted here. Leave it at that. Trashing the school and its most supportive fans isn't exactly encouraged.
Back off Warchild seriously.
StallionsModelT

Postby RGV Pony » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:29 am

Grant Carter wrote:How do they know who his kid is?

They've got frickin drones
RGV Pony

Postby PonyKai » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:29 am

Coaches and players have, for years, been aware of this site. SMU isn't Alabama. Much easier to see what the fans are saying on the one open message board among 1500 than the ten open message boards among 15000.
PonyKai

Postby footballdad » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:57 pm

StallionsModelT wrote:Please elaborate. What does being from East Texas have to do with anything?

And yes. The coaches know what's posted here. You're well known;)

It's called a..........joke. Get it.

Oh no, the coaches know what's posted here!!! I'm sure ponyfans will release my personal information and contacts to the ponyfan police and I'll be punished accordingly. Keep wink, winking ;) ;) ;) I'm now so terrified I'll be leaving immediately. :lol:

I'm sure Morris and the school have dedicated much time and resources to patrol the entire comment board universe.

All to teach guys like me a lesson if I dare comment that these athletes EARN their FREE rides many times over.

You're a funny guy. Please continue to entertain.
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby SMUstangs22 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:16 pm

Apparently we have nothing better to do... sad

Chad Morris is on this board everyday. You could tell he was pissed by rivals and scout marketing. Hah
SMUstangs22
Hall of Famer

Postby SoCal_Pony » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:57 pm

Stlhockeyguy02 wrote:Coaches and players have, for years, been aware of this site. SMU isn't Alabama. Much easier to see what the fans are saying on the one open message board among 1500 than the ten open message boards among 15000.

So no free tickets for me when 'Born in June' premieres?
SoCal_Pony

Postby blackoutpony » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:53 pm

Yall all have to remember that footballmoms kid was one of the June kids that had no other offers, so he's still really bitter; especially since he's probably already been recruited over. He even had to quit being a smug football coach to run his Karma Cafe.

No matter, you guys need to remember we're a 1-11 team and no one has seen a new product on the field yet. Give it time. What he's done so far, with 6/11 commits having P5 offers, when Morris only Inherited 16 kids with a P5 offer from June, is incredible. Every kid has multiple FBS offers, 55% of what he inherited didn't even have one. There were no relationships with high schools, he's got to rebuild ALL of those at a school that was outscored on a historic level last year.

Judge the class in February, not the middle of June, because we're not even half full and I'm sure a lot will change between now and then. A LOT
BOP - Providing insensitivity training for a politically correct world since 1989.
blackoutpony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby footballdad » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:06 pm

Oh my gosh, now I'm really upset, you've hurt my feelings and I'm really, really mad :evil: :evil:

I'm about to report you to Chad for being so hateful to one of his players. I thought you love everything and everyone associated with your beloved SMU :?:
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby blackoutpony » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:18 pm

footballdad wrote:Oh my gosh, now I'm really upset, you've hurt my feelings and I'm really, really mad :evil: :evil:

I'm about to report you to Chad for being so hateful to one of his players. I thought you love everything and everyone associated with your beloved SMU :?:

Haha, first off, I don't, never claimed to have. Second, in terms of players, if your kid doesn't fall far from the tree, I'll make an exception :wink:
BOP - Providing insensitivity training for a politically correct world since 1989.
blackoutpony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby East Coast Mustang » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:51 pm

If my son one day earns a full athletic scholarship to a university and I don't have to pay for his college tuition, I will be a very, very grateful to the alumni of that university who support its sports program.
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang

Postby Puckhead48E » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:12 pm

Silly season is in full swing I see. Next.
Puckhead48E
Heisman

Postby Pony Boss » Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:52 am

Topic dead...it has degraded into a [deleted] contest between fbdad and a few others. Close it down and move on. Offseason :lol:
Pony Boss
Hall of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting