PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Early recruiting visits

Discuss SMU recruiting in this forum.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Early recruiting visits

Postby BUS » Mon Apr 03, 2000 3:13 pm

I would like for everyone to write Dr. turner and thank him for his vision of a complete university with first class facilities and championship sports that go hand in hand with the top shelf (margarita) education.

Please encourage him to allow visits BEFORE SAT, ACT and Fall transcripts are turned in. Just because an athlete visits does not mean thay are offered a scholarship. I did not marry every women I broght home to meet my parents.

Final point, suggest the expansion for degree majors like - Sports Management and Physical Education. Not everyone is going to run a Fortune 500 company or be a lawyer.
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Early recruiting visits

Postby PonyPride » Mon Apr 03, 2000 3:21 pm

Good points, one and all. But perhaps the biggest benefit of completing the rest of the stadium and connected facilities will be the chance for Coach Cavan and his staff to host football camps. Coaches like Mack Brown, Frank Solich, Joe Paterno, etc., have most of their target recruits -- at least of local talent -- before the fall season even starts.
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride

Re: Early recruiting visits

Postby BUS » Thu Apr 06, 2000 2:54 pm

SMU needs to have Junior recruits take SAT as Jr. and not have to wait for fall grade reports. This is only a help when recruits are willing to take SAT or ACT like a regular student that is competing for spots based on grades only.
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS

Return to Recruiting