PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Matt Nordgren

Discuss SMU recruiting in this forum.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Matt Nordgren

Postby SMUguy » Sun Aug 06, 2000 6:29 pm

According to a link I found (http://longhornlink.rivals.com/default. ... id=7978309), the Bishop Lynch QB doesn't have us on his list of his top choices. He said he likes A&M (they clearly need help at QB), UT (he'd never play), Colorado and LSU. The worst part is, I've heard all four of those schools have offered already. This would be a GREAT local kid to keep here at SMU.
"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."
"Hit it."
SMUguy
Heisman

Re: Matt Nordgren

Postby SMUFan » Thu Aug 24, 2000 2:05 pm

I've been told he's leaning HEAVILY toward Texas, with A&M still trying to sneak into the race. He should be a Mustang.
SMUFan
All-American

Postby PonyFan » Fri Nov 17, 2000 6:30 pm

Word is that he isn't as strong a commitment to Texas as some people originally thought. Whether or not we can get back into the mix is unclear, but it sure would be nice.
"What kind of weirdo school are they running over there in Fort Worth?"
- Randy Galloway
ESPN Radio (103.3 FM)
PonyFan
Heisman

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 17, 2000 7:23 pm

Yes it would be nice to have him, but if he is considering Texas, it would take a minor miracle to get him at SMU

Postby Houston Pony » Fri Nov 17, 2000 8:28 pm

HEY IDIOTS!!!!
He committed to Texas more than a month ago. We have no, let me repeat, NO chance at signing him. Never did, never will. He is going to be a Longhorn. As long as things stay the same on the Hilltop, we'll be scraping the barrell looking for guys like David Page.
Houston Pony
Junior Varsity

Postby PonyFan » Sun Nov 19, 2000 3:41 pm

Houston Pony -

Lighten up. I didn't say we had a chance to get him, just that there are rumors out there that he's wavering. I said it would be nice to get him, not that I think we WILL get him. Try a valium....
"What kind of weirdo school are they running over there in Fort Worth?"
- Randy Galloway
ESPN Radio (103.3 FM)
PonyFan
Heisman

Postby SMUFan » Tue Nov 28, 2000 2:50 pm

My neighbor's son plays football for Trinity Christian Academy (in Addison), and my wife and I went to watch TCA play Bishop Lynch in the TAPPS state championship game.

Nortgren looks good -- big kid, strong arm -- but he was real inaccurate and very slow. Not sure we need him.
SMUFan
All-American

Postby Houston Pony » Tue Nov 28, 2000 8:04 pm

Wrong. We could use him. But he's a Longhorn. I've seen him play, and you must have been watching somebody else. Right now, he could start over McCown or Page. He isn't slow, and if you thought he was, he was probably hurt or something, because he was a great runner, and even shifty when I saw him. And who cares if he's inaccurate right now. He doesn't have anybody to throw to at Lynch, and I bet the coach called too many running plays. But he is still going to Texas, and we have no chance.

[This message has been edited by Houston Pony (edited 11-28-2000).]
Houston Pony
Junior Varsity

Postby WildHorse » Tue Nov 28, 2000 11:57 pm

Houston Pony:
Are you on Mack Brown's payroll? How about a little enthusiasm for your school?
Go PONIES!
WildHorse
All-American

Postby Houston Pony » Wed Nov 29, 2000 6:39 pm

I'm sorry I don't believe in pipe dreams, and that I'm a realist. I want us to win just as much as the next guy. I have season tickets, and I went to the games this year. I'm just fed up with Cavan's promises, and 11 years of losing. Forgive me if I don't speculate on who we have no chance of signing. Go Ponies. Yea.
Houston Pony
Junior Varsity

Return to Recruiting