PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

RB Aaron Brack

Discuss SMU recruiting in this forum.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

RB Aaron Brack

Postby Fox 7 Sports » Tue Oct 10, 2000 11:55 pm

Here's another excellent athlete to keep an eye on. Check out this RB's eye-popping numbers. The SMU staff is apparently beginning to work on him.

<A HREF="http://fox7.com/prospects.html" TARGET=_blank>http://fox7.com/prospects.html</A>
<A HREF=\"http://199.170.228.120/dynamic/story.asp?category=4\" TARGET=_blank>Austin Area Prospects</A>
Fox 7 Sports
Junior Varsity

Re: RB Aaron Brack

Postby PK » Wed Oct 11, 2000 9:20 pm

Will an SAT of 760 even get him in and through SMU's door?? You see our problem?
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Corso » Thu Oct 12, 2000 7:27 pm

Not so fast my friend!

That SAT score won't get him a visit, much less a scholarship.
Corso
Hall of Famer

Postby PK » Thu Oct 12, 2000 8:58 pm

EXACTLY MY POINT!! THANKS! <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Corso:
<B>Not so fast my friend!

That SAT score won't get him a visit, much less a scholarship.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK

Postby Fox 7 Sports » Fri Oct 13, 2000 5:13 pm

Guys, I'm just reporting the facts. Its up to you decide how you interpret them. I can tell you on the field this guy would be a fantastic pickup. His qualification at some schools like SMU will be difficult. But give the kid a chance to score a little better. And if the Mustangs staff is serious about him, they are ways they can help him increase his scores. Aaron will have his work cut out for him this evening as he faces 4A #3 San Marcos.
<A HREF=\"http://199.170.228.120/dynamic/story.asp?category=4\" TARGET=_blank>Austin Area Prospects</A>
Fox 7 Sports
Junior Varsity

Postby MustangMan » Fri Oct 13, 2000 5:31 pm

Fox 7 Sports --

Keep up the posts. We appreciate your input!
MustangMan
Junior Varsity

Postby PK » Fri Oct 13, 2000 6:07 pm

Actually we do appreciate the heads up and we would love to get some players like Aaron, but unless the recruiting policies at SMU are brought into line with the other similar universities out there we will probably not be able to recruit him. I would love to be wrong on this one!!

Please keep us updated on what you see out there...Thanks!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fox 7 Sports:
<B>Guys, I'm just reporting the facts. Its up to you decide how you interpret them. I can tell you on the field this guy would be a fantastic pickup. His qualification at some schools like SMU will be difficult. But give the kid a chance to score a little better. And if the Mustangs staff is serious about him, they are ways they can help him increase his scores. Aaron will have his work cut out for him this evening as he faces 4A #3 San Marcos.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
PK

Return to Recruiting