PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Poor man's Barry Sanders?

Discuss SMU recruiting in this forum.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Poor man's Barry Sanders?

Postby Corso » Tue Oct 31, 2000 3:39 pm

From Rivals.com

Name: Marvin Gray
Position: Running Back
Height: 5' 9"
Weight: 200
High School: Memorial
Hometown: Victoria, TX

School Preferences
Iowa State - Medium
Oklahoma - Medium
Iowa - Medium
Rice - Medium
SMU - Medium
Texas A&M - Medium
Texas Tech - Medium
Harvard - Medium

Commentary by: Geoff Ketchum of Lone Star Recruiting.com

When Victoria High and Victoria Stroman combined this season to make Victoria Memorial, a lot of people wondered how well the football program would fare in its first season of consolidation. The answer has turned out to be very good. “We’re finally coming together,” running back Marvin Gray said. “It was just a matter of time before we came together and started playing well. We’re getting better every week.” One of the main reasons for Memorial’s strong first season has been the play of Gray, who leads the team in rushing. That has led to quite a few schools showing interest in the 5-9, 200-pound Gray. “Texas Tech is showing me a lot of attention,” Gray said. “I get lots of stuff from Oklahoma, Texas A&M, SMU, Iowa State and Houston.” So, who is recruiting him the hardest? “Actually, Harvard is showing the most interest,” Gray said. “I don’t really have a favorite. I used to favor Texas, but that’s probably not going to happen. I’m just going to stay focused. That’s my main priority.
Corso
Hall of Famer

Re: Poor man's Barry Sanders?

Postby GrapevineMustang » Mon Nov 06, 2000 12:22 pm

He looks good. But can we bulk him up to 6-6, 330 and teach him to block?
GrapevineMustang
All-American

Return to Recruiting