PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Great chance for SMU

Discuss SMU recruiting in this forum.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Great chance for SMU

Postby Recruiting Guru » Fri Dec 01, 2000 7:24 pm

Coach Franchione is leaving TCU. Not that SMU should try to take castoffs from Fort Worth, but TCU has been able to recruit some fairly talented athletes in recent years (see Casey Printers). With the uncertainty surrounding the TCU program, perhaps some of the players who committed early to play for the Frogs will re-think their decisions. Good time for SMU to swoop in and collect some players.

Starting with big linemen, preferably.
Recruiting Guru
Varsity

Re: Great chance for SMU

Postby Charleston Pony » Fri Dec 01, 2000 8:10 pm

Provided any of them qualify to get in here. Remember, our visitation policy may have been relaxed, but we have not decided to go to "special admissions" and allow players in who might just meet NCAA minimum standards. TCU has been doing that and it is a big part of their success in recent years. I thought I read earlier this year that Tyson Thompson had enrolled at a "prep" school in hopes he will qualify to play for them next year.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Great chance for SMU

Postby SMUPonyFan » Fri Dec 01, 2000 8:27 pm

True we do not have special admissions but the press release said that they would be considered and they will look into their file and things beyond their test scores. I think that kind of means if they are borderline and good enough, they have a decent chance. I think 4 or 5 of these a year will not hurt SMU too much.

------------------
Go Red, Go Blue, Go Mustangs, S M U
Go Red, Go Blue, Go Mustangs, S M U
SMUPonyFan
Varsity

Return to Recruiting